Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

"Generic Views" Module is not longer supported in 2.4?

Go to End

3 Posts   1167 Views

tfliam

Community Member, 20 Posts

14 November 2011 at 12:31am

Hi,

I have been following the tutorials from the book "The Complete Guide to CMS Development" by Ingo Schommer and Steven Broschart. I am now on the section 6.8 - Generic Views Using CollectionController.

I am about going to download the module Generic Views, but find out that it is only compatible in version 2.3.2, 2.3.3 and 2.3.4. For more info, you may go http://www.silverstripe.org/generic-views-module/

My question is, why is it no longer compatible in 2.4? Is there any other module that replace Generic Views module?

Thanks for clearing my doubts.

JohnnyJimJams

Community Member, 2 Posts

9 January 2012 at 1:40pm

Edited: 09/01/2012 2:03pm

I'm also in the same situation. I installed the genericviews module(latest from github - 3f4397f) on a fresh v2.4.6 install regardless, and it appears to work ok except for the templates which are a little bit messed up See the screenshot attached.

I'll investigate further, but does anyone else have any advice on what module to use instead of generic views?

Edit: I'm using the "blackcandy" theme

Attached Files
JohnnyJimJams

Community Member, 2 Posts

9 January 2012 at 3:13pm

The problem in my case (see the screenshot above of incorrect templates) was a naming conflict.

I did a search and replace in CollectionController.php of "SearchForm" to "SearchFormCollection" (5 occurances)

and updated the Layouts/CollectionController.ss as follows:

<% if SearchFormCollection %>
		<h3><% _t('SEARCH','Search') %></h3>
		$SearchFormCollection
		<% end_if %>

There are other ways to fix this issue, but at least this way you can still use the standard site wide $SearchForm variable.