Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Mappable module's LatLongField map in the CMS

Go to End

4 Posts   1478 Views

Nathan Cox

Community Member, 99 Posts

20 November 2011 at 4:03pm

Hi, has anyone else run in to problems with the Mappable module's LatLongField's map not working in the CMS? It works as expected if you open the admin right on to the mappable page but if you navigate to it via the site tree the map doesn't work.

It looks like the problem is that the javascript to create the map is just being written in to the content, so it's not getting run if the content is loaded via AJAX.

Has anyone got this working or found a solution they might want to share?

derralf

Community Member, 28 Posts

26 February 2012 at 9:25am

Hi,
i've the same Problem in ModelAdmin (currently using the v3 fork from gordon banderson https://github.com/gordonbanderson/Mappable).
Did you solve this problem meanwhile?

Nathan Cox

Community Member, 99 Posts

26 February 2012 at 11:10am

No, I just ended up writing my own latlongfield for the occasion with javascript set up by livequery()

elgordo

Community Member, 70 Posts

7 June 2012 at 4:09am

Nice to know my code is being used :)

I've previously used another module to implement the google map editing functionality but I wish to have everything together. I've just tried the LatLngField and it is broken for v3 so I will fix that. Personally I do not like the usage of some address fields for the priming of the 'Lookup' (ie geocoding), I would prefer a free text field that can be edited for searching. Often I find with Thai addresses they do not geocode at all well.

Watch this space :)

G