Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

UserForms SS3 - Form Fields?

Go to End

21 Posts   8270 Views

LinseyM

Community Member, 99 Posts

30 August 2012 at 2:08am

that one works! Beautiful! Thanks x ;-)

(Phew, breathes a sigh of relief!)

paharwell

Community Member, 4 Posts

7 September 2012 at 7:49am

Hi,

I am also having trouble. I downloaded the master version, have done /dev/build?flush=1 then /admin?flush=1. I can edit items in any of the tabs except "Form". Any time I try to add a field, two things happen:

1) a regular browser popup occurs, saying
"An error occured while fetching data from the server
Please try again later."
Typo appears in original. No other info is given, so I can't tell what's going on.

2) a SilverStripe black box popup tells me:
"Error at line 568 of /home/lonokecp/public_html/framework/model/MySQLDatabase.php"
Since there's no stack trace there, I can't tell what error that is, since line 568 is in an error-reporting function.

At some earlier point (it's been long enough I don't recall exactly what I was doing) I had gotten a different error in the black box. I investigated it, but was in over my head and going around in circles. It was another PHP error in another file. I wish I could get that one to show up because it was more enlightening than this error.

Full disclosure: this is a site that I am upgrading from 2.2.2 to 3.0.1, and there have been some headaches. :)

Attached is a screenshot of #1. (#2 comes and goes so fast, I could barely copy the text to see what it was)

Attached Files
LinseyM

17 January 2013 at 10:56am

Hi there.

Working with a new site (SS 3.0.3) and having same problem as before.

However, this time neither ?flush=all or the userforms version that pinkp supplied are fixing it.

I tried that version plus the latest master version from the site.

When I add a new userdefinedForm all the tabs work apart from the Form tab, which doesn't show the FormBuilder.

Can anyone help please?

Linsey

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

17 January 2013 at 11:00am

I had this issue and a admin?flush=all was not enough, I had to do the flush on the actual form url - admin/pages/edit/show/$ID_OF_FORM?flush=1.

Somethings up in 3.0 that flush doesn't actually flush things. You may need to delete your silverstripe-cache or /tmp/silverstripe-cache folder

LinseyM

17 January 2013 at 11:07am

Cheers Will,

That fixed it.

Took a LONG time to fully reload the CMS afterwards, but once it loaded up it worked fine.

I'll go delete the temp cache stuff too... won't do any harm.

Muchas gracias.

Page Bookemarked for future reference.

Loving SS3 btw ;-)

Wezzlee

Community Member, 28 Posts

15 March 2013 at 11:06am

Hi Guys,

Can you please tell me what you exactly did to solve the issue. I have also installed the lastest version of Silverstripe (3.05) and downloaded the latest version from github, but somehow it does not work. When I create a New User Defined Form (Draft) it appears in the page menu, but when I Click on it a white page appears and the following error message: "Error at line 580 of /var/www/vhosts/8/136859/webspace/httpdocs/framework/model/MySQLDatabase.php"

How can I solve this? I have followed the install instructions and I even did the ?flush=1 also on the actual form in the admin section, but nothing seems to help. I do not have a tmp/silverstripe-cache directory.

When i do a ?flush=1 on the actual form I see the following error output:

[User Error] Couldn't run query: SELECT DISTINCT "SubmittedFormField"."ClassName", "SubmittedFormField"."Created", "SubmittedFormField"."LastEdited", "SubmittedFormField"."Name", "SubmittedFormField"."Value", "SubmittedFormField"."Title", "SubmittedFormField"."ParentID", "SubmittedFormField"."ID", CASE WHEN "SubmittedFormField"."ClassName" IS NOT NULL THEN "SubmittedFormField"."ClassName" ELSE 'SubmittedFormField' END AS "RecordClassName" FROM "SubmittedFormField" LEFT JOIN "SubmittedForm" ON SubmittedFormField.ParentID = SubmittedForm.ID WHERE ("SubmittedForm.ParentID" = '10') Unknown column 'SubmittedForm.ParentID' in 'where clause'
GET /index.php/admin/pages/edit/show/10?flush=1

Line 580 in /var/www/vhosts/8/136859/webspace/httpdocs/framework/model/MySQLDatabase.php

SSViewer.php:838
SSViewer->includeGeneratedTemplate(/tmp/silverstripe-cache-var-www-vhosts-8-136859-webspace-httpdocs/.cache.framework.admin.templates.LeftAndMain.ss,CMSPageEditController,,Array)
SSViewer.php:910
SSViewer->process(CMSPageEditController,)
ViewableData.php:335
ViewableData->renderWith(SSViewer)
LeftAndMain.php:487
{closure}()
call_user_func(Closure)
PjaxResponseNegotiator.php:75
PjaxResponseNegotiator->respond(SS_HTTPRequest)
LeftAndMain.php:464
LeftAndMain->show(SS_HTTPRequest)
Controller.php:205
Controller->handleAction(SS_HTTPRequest)
RequestHandler.php:184
RequestHandler->handleRequest(SS_HTTPRequest,DataModel)
Controller.php:153
Controller->handleRequest(SS_HTTPRequest,DataModel)
LeftAndMain.php:357
LeftAndMain->handleRequest(SS_HTTPRequest,DataModel)
AdminRootController.php:89
AdminRootController->handleRequest(SS_HTTPRequest,DataModel)
Director.php:296
Director::handleRequest(SS_HTTPRequest,Session,DataModel)
Director.php:119
Director::direct(admin/pages/edit/show/10,DataModel)
main.php:126
require_once(/var/www/vhosts/8/136859/webspace/httpdocs/framework/main.php)
index.php:66

Any help is welcome! Thanks

Wesley

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

15 March 2013 at 7:07pm

Please upgrade to 3.1 or follow the discussion at https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-userforms/issues/96 for a patch.

Wezzlee

Community Member, 28 Posts

15 March 2013 at 9:27pm

Willr - Thank thank you very much! Userforms works perfect again!