Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

1 Page Wholesale Order Form (no cart functions)

Go to End

Numbers

Community Member, 1 Post

12 November 2012 at 5:07pm

Edited: 13/11/2012 5:13am

Greetings everyone! I'm new to SS but I've been developing websites for quite awhile. I only wish I would have found SS sooner. I hate bloat so this modular approach looks fantastic! I installed the SS site along with Orderable, Display_Anything and MemberProfiles modules and I'm trying to figure out if there are any more modules that will help me or if I should just start hard coding.

I would like to use SS to create a 1 page order form (10 items) for wholesale clients. No payment or shipping module required, just an order confirmation email sent to the customer and to the shipping department and the orders also need to be stored in a database so they can be accessed for tracking purposes. I've done quite a few sites using OSCommerce but you can't do a one page form with it or any of the others I've looked at, plus I don't need the cart functions anyways. The closest is a Zen Cart module but the customer has to put the item number in to order so it's kind of lame.

What I want to do is show the order page to logged in wholesale clients only, list all 10 items with a quantity box next to each of them (no add to cart button) and as the quantities are entered I'd like the cost calculated for each line item right next to the quantity box and then have the complete order total calculated at the bottom of the page next to a "Submit Order" button. I would like the order page to auto-populate with the customer's info from their profile which will then be added to the emails and the DB when they submit their order.

Has anyone ever done anything like this in SS. Any suggestions you have are welcome.