Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

I need Help (for dummies) to include the Google Analytics code

Go to End

4 Posts   1889 Views

Ester_23

Community Member, 2 Posts

23 February 2013 at 11:44pm

Hello there,

I have been fighting to put the code of google analytics in my site, but I can't manage to succeed. I am not a programmer or developer, so all the answers I find on google doens't help me (they are all about php and thing like that I don't know...)
I have access to the admin page of the site and can add pages, content, documents... Why I can't add the code there?
The silverstripe is version 2.3.7.

Any help for dummies like me?

Thank you,

Ester

helenclarko

Community Member, 166 Posts

25 February 2013 at 4:52pm

Hi Ester,

Silverstripes CMS will strip out most of the Google analytics code when you try and enter it into the HTML field.

You will need to have FTP access to the sites files in order to either install the Google Analytics module or add the Google Analytics code into the header of your site.

Google Analytics Module:
http://www.silverstripe.org/google-analytics-module/

Regards,
-helenclarko

Ester_23

Community Member, 2 Posts

1 March 2013 at 3:17am

Hi Helen,

Thanks for the reply.

I really meant the "dummy" up there...
I don't know what FTP means... And I 've downloaded the module but I don't know how to install it...any help?

Ester

helenclarko

Community Member, 166 Posts

1 March 2013 at 1:38pm

Hi Ester,

To install the module, you will need to drop the folder inside the zipped file into the silverstripe directory on your web server (where all your silverstripe files are hosted).

are you with a hosting company? some hosting companies have a web portal you can log in to (cpanel for instance), from there you can get access to the files on the web server and upload your own.

Personally to make things easier, I would use an ftp client. Smartftp is a fantastic ftp client, but feel free to use whatever you like.

once the googleanalytics folder has been uploaded to the root of your silverstripe directory on the web server you will need to rebuild your database.
To do this you just need to use {website}/dev/build?flush=1 (where "{website}" is your web address).

All of the above assumes you know the login details for your web server.

Thanks,
-helenclarko

P.S. I dont believe the GoogleAnalytics module works with SilverStripe 3.0+ as of this time, you may need to set it up manually.