Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Newsmodule 1.0 for SS3.0.x and higher.

Go to End

17 Posts   4030 Views

Sphere

Community Member, 46 Posts

2 May 2013 at 11:05am

I have pushed my work to it's first official release, a Silverstripe 3.0.1+ (up to 3.1) newsmodule. Newsitems are handled via the ModelAdmin to prevent clutter in the SiteTree.
Required are:
SS3.0.1+
GridFieldBulkEditingTools
SortableGridField
GriedfieldPaginatorWithShowAll

Optional is including the translatable. Which is not yet fully integrated, but it works in general form.

You can find my release at:
http://github.com/Firesphere/silverstripe-newsmodule

The release-branches will always be stable, Master-branch is stable, but with experimental features, Development-branch is ehm... Development, it's not stable, it's not always working, it might contain bugs.

By releasing version 1.0, this module has made a great step towards growing up. It started as an idea, now, finally, I can say, It has a stable version.

There are a few unimportant issues left, most related to other modules of mine or others. If you encounter a bug, please, create a ticket on github.

Any questions can be send to my github-contact address. Due to the amount of questions I have received, I have decided NOT to answer to questions that are send to any of my private e-mail addresses.
95% of the support questions were not related to my module, but due to missing requirements btw ;)

No backend demo yet, sorry, I'm very busy, but I have not yet had the time to talk to my hosting about a subdomain.

Any questions can be addressed to github@casa-laguna.net

And please, read the readme? It's there for a reason ;)

Sphere

7 July 2013 at 4:06am

Upgraded to version 2.0 for Silverstripe 3.1 only.
Lot of new features and bugfixes.

Brasil

Community Member, 12 Posts

12 July 2013 at 11:43pm

Looks a great module!

But unfornunately I have an issue. After installing I see the whole news module in the cms and I'm able to add newspages and news messages. But after I add one message the screen in the cms keeps blank and also all other screens in the cms are not working anymore untill I refresh my browser. After this refresh I can use the cms again untill I click News, than the same issue.

Sphere

13 July 2013 at 4:59am

Hi Brasil,

Yes, somehow, a HUGE bug passed by my tests. My apologise. Latest hotfix version should fix this issue.

Brasil

15 July 2013 at 8:20pm

Hi Sphere,

Thanks for reply. I downloaded the latest master, but unfornunately still the same problem. Maybe I do something wrong?

Sphere

15 July 2013 at 8:52pm

That's very strange. Do you have all the required modules installed as well?

Brasil

15 July 2013 at 10:29pm

I installed GridFieldBulkEditingTools and SortableGridField

I will try on a fresh install.

Sphere

15 July 2013 at 10:33pm

That is strange. Latest version should work just fine. I haven't seen any errors as of recently.

I'll run some tests when I'm home tonight.

Go to Top