Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

New Module: Silverstripe Section Module released

Go to End

3 Posts   1009 Views

Nobrainer Web

Community Member, 138 Posts

6 May 2013 at 9:50am

Edited: 06/05/2013 9:51am

Hello :-)

Just uploaded a module i have been looking to do for a long time, I'm really excited about the module and the possibillities it brings and i hope that some of you will test it and let me know what you think.

You will find the module on github: https://github.com/NobrainerWeb/Silverstripe-Section-Module

The section module gives the option of dividing your page content up in little blocks or sections, that each can have their own template.
This makes it easy to create very different pages with a default set of templates.
Use the templates to:
- create structured and beautiful pages, from a set of templates - much easier for none texhies to make beautiful pages
- Split page content into blocks/sections (copy, disable/enable, delete or edit the blocks individualy)
- Add lists of images or files inside your content
- Create columns of texts (extend the Section Dataobject with another HTMLEditor fields, or float 2 sections)
- List employees or other custom dataobjects inside your pages
- and much more

Easily create your own templates for the managed Section dataobjects, or even extend the Section DO and create your own dataobjects, that has custom fields and templates - simple module, loads of possibilities.

All is handled by a GridField and works from Silverstripe 3.1.
The module requires a few other modules, see the readme, but should be very easy to install.

I'm new to creating modules, and no PHP developer, so the code is ... ehm plain. Please send me feedback, ideas and what else you got.

Also i'm new to the Github thingy, so if there is something that i need to do differently, please advice :o)

- Thomas B. Nielsen
Nobrainer Web

Kilv

Community Member, 1 Post

8 May 2013 at 2:46pm

I got a warning message when I tried to add a template :

Warning: The folder ../themes//templates/SectionTemplates/ was not found.

can you help me ? :/

Nobrainer Web

Community Member, 138 Posts

10 May 2013 at 12:07am

Hmm that sounds as if the theme is not set, can you try to set the theme by adding SSViewer::set_theme('your_theme_name'); to mysite/_config.php if it's not allready there.
Maybe also set in siteconfig in the CMS.

Remember flush and dev/build.
Let me know what happens.