Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

DisplayAnything turns my site to crap!

Go to End

2 Posts   718 Views

mhdesign

Community Member, 216 Posts

11 July 2013 at 4:46pm

Liked the sound of DisplayAnything, sounded nice and easy to install, no accessory modules -- but it made my site die -- all I get is a white page. Just tried it with a fresh install of SS and the same thing happened. Is it a version thing (I'm using SS 3.0.5)? Anybody have any issues with this module?

mhdesign

Community Member, 216 Posts

12 July 2013 at 3:25pm

Edited: 12/07/2013 3:25pm

Right. I pulled the display_anything folder from my rood directory, rebooted the whole machine (not a matter of simply restarting MAMP), dropped display_anything folder in again, did a dev/build/ and presto:

Creating database tables
Email_BounceRecord
File
Field File.ClassName: changed to enum('File','Folder','Image','Image_Cached','WatermarkedImage','UploadAnythingFile','DisplayAnythingFile','DisplayAnythingYouTubeVideoFile') character set utf8 collate utf8_general_ci default 'File' (from enum('File','Folder','Image','Image_Cached') character set utf8 collate utf8_general_ci default 'File')
Folder
Image_Cached

That was it. White screen territory. So I grabbed the message and went to post to this forum. White screen again! And this time on an external server! Whatever is happening with this module is breaking things at a very fundamental level!!

Reboot machine and we're back in business. Going back to ImageGallery...