Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Silverstripe UserForms and Internal Server Error 500

Go to End

monk

Community Member, 4 Posts

22 October 2013 at 11:48pm

Edited: 22/10/2013 11:51pm

Hello everyone,

I am posting this to share my solution to a problem (and also for google's sake) I came accross today, namely an "Internal Server Error" message in Silverstripe's backend when trying to access a (so far working) UserDefinedForm Page.

As I was running php 5.3 in cgi mode (or in other words switched from the default php 5.2 do 5.3 via .htaccess), the server's R limit for processing time of 6 seconds has been reached. For some reason this specific page took too long to be processed and hence the message.

I could not take a look at the server error logs, so I talked to my webhost and since I have own server, they found the problem and managed to increase this value to 12 seconds. I am not sure if that is applicable on regular shared hosts, though.

I am planning to switch to php 5.3 or 5.4 in near future since this can not be a viable long-term solution.

I hope someone can find this of use.

Edit: Silverstripe version is 3.1 beta and UserForms is the corresponding module version.