Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Image Gallery Extension: Testers Needed

Go to End

417 Posts   117828 Views

micahsheets

Community Member, 165 Posts

27 March 2009 at 1:05pm

Thanks that works perfect.

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

28 March 2009 at 4:55am

Hello, ImageGallery users!

Things have been stable for a while now, which is pretty encouraging. I think we're getting to the point where I'd feel comfortable adding new features to the ImageGallery for a second major release. There seem to be a lot of ideas floating around there, and I've received a lot of requests, but I haven't had a chance to collect all of them into anything meaningful. Can we change the direction of this thread to start collecting feature requests and bug reports so that I can start applying them to a new release? I'll list what I have to far, in order of priority.

- Allow non-square thumbnails
- QA all lightbox plugins for Javascript errors (especially in IE)
- Allow assignment of album cover images in the gallery view

Anything else?

micahsheets

28 March 2009 at 1:05pm

I am working on a site for a client right now that I am using Image-Gallery on. I have everything I need I think except I need to be able to have prev and next buttons that will move between albums. I am actually using this as a way to show properties. the album cover image becomes the nice view of a cottage and the gallery images show up next to it and the album description becomes the description of the property. I have it working great now i just need to be able to move forward and backwards between the property pages(album gallery view). I hope this makes sense.

Theoretically I would just need to make an array of the urlSegments that comprise the list of available galleries and make some sore of system to compare the current one with the next and previous in the list and show the link. I am not sure how to parse the ImageGalleryAlbum table for this purpose.

UncleCheese

29 March 2009 at 5:21am

Great idea! I've checked in a new version with NextAlbum and PrevAlbum controls. Let me know how it works for you.

micahsheets

31 March 2009 at 9:45am

That works pretty good. The only issue I have with it is that if there are only two albums the prev and next controls return the same object. I have been trying to figure out a way to test if the next comes before or after the current album and only show next or prev depending.

Ben Gribaudo

Community Member, 181 Posts

1 April 2009 at 9:37am

Edited: 01/04/2009 9:38am

Hi smpmedia,

Re your post on this thread on 17 March 2009 at 2:56pm --
> Two Errors Picked up with new installation of the Image Gallery Module
[snip]
> 2. Albums Tab > edit the default abum
> The Modal dialog shows
> "Fatal error: Call to a member function getErrors() on a non-object in \sapphire\forms\Form.php on line 509"
[snip]

I ran into this issue today with DataObjectManager.

Are you running against trunk? New functionality was added to Form's FormAttributes method between the release of 2.3.1 and the current revision of trunk which (I think) has a bug in it that causes this error. A patch has been submitted to fix this issue.

Background:
The call to $this->validator->getErrors() on Form.php's line 509 assumes that $this->validators is set to a validator object instance. At the bottom of DataObjectManager_Popup's constructor, $this->validators is unset by the call to $this->unsetValidator().

UncleCheese

1 April 2009 at 10:14am

Yikes.. Please keep me posted on that bug. I haven't encountered it yet.

@ micahsheets - I've updated the function so the logic is a little cleaner for first/last. It was kind of funky because there was no guarantee an Album had a SortOrder field until the list had actually been sorted. Now, with an update to the SortableDataObject class, all objects are forced a SortOrder before saving them. So, for backward compatibility, just in case you have some unsorted albums, you'll have to turn on drag and drop ordering for albums, make a single sort to force the function to run, and you should be good from there.

UncleCheese

1 April 2009 at 10:36am

FYI, you'll need to do an update on both image_gallery and dataobject_manager.

Go to Top