Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Image Gallery Extension: Testers Needed

Go to End

417 Posts   117846 Views

jarop

Community Member, 19 Posts

10 April 2009 at 12:02am

Hi Cheese,

there is no "image-gallery" folder in the "assets" folder.

It is a WinXP System with XAMPP on localhost.

Until now there are no problems with perms (writing) in silverstripe or any other PHP5 applications.

micahsheets

Community Member, 165 Posts

10 April 2009 at 7:05am

Hello Uncle Cheese,

I really appreciate all your help. A while ago you helped me figure out a way to add selection of a thumbnail manually and I set up as much as I could and it seems to work except for one bit that I think you were planning to do yourself.

Here is what you said in your post.:

"I'll make an update to the core to use the dynamic $itemClass property in the GalleryItems() control. "

I tried to do this myself but cannot get it working. I assume you had an idea of how you were going to do this so I was wondering when you were planning to work on the image gallery again. I know you have other things you work on so I don't want to be pushy.

Thanks.

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

10 April 2009 at 8:07am

Right. I forgot about that. I've made that update for you. In your subclass of ImageGalleryPage, you can now override the ItemClass..

public $itemClass = "MyImageGalleryItem";

Blairos

Community Member, 7 Posts

12 April 2009 at 8:51am

Hi UncleCheese - firstly can I congratulate you on the Image gallery - a great piece of work!

I think the best way to describe myself is a "Noob", so let me explain how I have arrived at where I am... :-)

I recently installed SS 2.3 via the new Microsoft Web Platform installer that supports SS

Went very smoothly, I discovered your Image gallery Extension, followed all the right instructions to get this onto my SS installation.

One thing I had to do, in order to get all of the Image gallery Functions to display properly, was to adjust the following Path references contained in a number of PHP and .ss files scattered thoughout the dataobject_manager and image_gallery folders:

"dataobject_manager" to "modules-dataobject_manager-r112"
"image_gallery" to "modules-image_gallery-r113"
"swfupload" to "modules-swfupload-r106"

Now i fully expect there was probably an easier way to do this (please advise if there is :-) )

So, everything functions correctly (graphics/layout/buttons etc) up to the point where I attempt to add photos to a given gallery, where it throws a "500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed."

I have a strong suspicion that it may be a path-related issue

Any ideas on how I can tidy this up?

Much appreciate your assistance! let me know if I need to add any more info...

Thanks!

UncleCheese

12 April 2009 at 9:43am

Does the uncompressed ZIP file really result in a directory called modules-image_gallery..? I guess I hadn't realized it. One of the steps for installation needs to be to change the directory name to image_gallery, which should be the immediate parent of code, images, etc..

Honestly, the best way to install the modules are through their respective SVN checkouts. I don't update those ZIP files very often. If you use SVN, it comes in with the right directory name, too.

Not sure what the 500 error is all about. Could you be a little more descriptive about how and when it's happening?

Blairos

12 April 2009 at 9:47am

Here is my "noobness" showing... SVN... whats this?

Happy to start over from afresh if its all going to work for me

Thanks for your patience :-)

UncleCheese

12 April 2009 at 9:56am

SVN is a file versioning system that creates a repository of every change made to every file in a given project. It has two main purposes.

1) to provide recourse if things ever get really messed up. You can always "roll back" to another version of the software. and
2) to provide a simple way to publish a project to its users.

In this case, the second one is more helpful to you. By "checking out" a copy of the module, your image_gallery directory is now linked to the repository, and anytime updates are made (usually at least 3 to 4 updates per week) you can just hit "update" in your SVN client. Most SVN clients will tell you when updates are ready. From there, you're able to just check out the changes, rather than having to download the entire module again. It's smart enough to just get the new files.

I'm not a Windows user, but if you look around for a free SVN client for windows I think you'll turn something up quickly. For Mac, I love Versions, but usually just use a terminal window. :-)

Try just changing the directory names first, though. One thing at a time.

Blairos

12 April 2009 at 11:07am

Thanks for clarifying this - good to learn something new every day :-)

I have got an SVN client now installed, and am looking at the svn.silverstripe.com/open/modules area - but cannot see any of the modules pertaining to Image gallery (ie: dataobject_manager, SWFUpload, or Image_gallery)

maybe you could email me (to save clogging up this thread?)
blair "at" weatherpix dot co dot nz

Thanks!

Go to Top