Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Image Gallery Extension: Testers Needed

Go to End

417 Posts   117780 Views

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

21 December 2008 at 7:04am

Hmm... I thought this bug was fixed in the last release. Please confirm:

1) Version of SS.

2) Where the files are being uploaded to in your assets folder

3) If you can access your DB, confirm the Filename field for the files you've uploaded.

4) Can you upload and view images successfully if you create a new album with a new folder?

UncleCheese

21 December 2008 at 10:57am

Looks like uploading to an already existing folder was a major bug. This version should fix that for you.

@LeeUmm -- I see what you're saying about this thread becoming a real pain. I'm going to set up SVN for the extension really soon, and that way you guys can just update to daily builds.

Attached Files
UncleCheese

21 December 2008 at 11:06am

Whoops.. wrong zip file. Sorry.

Also, one more thing to mention -- first thing to do is a db/build, and rename all your albums. The "Title" field on the Albums has been changed to "AlbumName."

Attached Files
itlinux

Community Member, 40 Posts

21 December 2008 at 1:46pm

Hi there I just downloaded the 6.5 and tried to install it on the SS rc2 but the page does not show at all....even thought the DB installation showed up.

Remo

ABailey

Community Member, 8 Posts

21 December 2008 at 3:51pm

@UncleCheese:
1) Running 2.3rc2
2) /assets/ImageGallery/photos
3) While the db is showing in [Files] the Folder is considered /assets/photos, and the files are /assets/photos/<files>. Strange, when I first put the 0.6.5 in, /db/build?flush=1, the album 'was' set to /assets/photos (which doesn't exist), so I went to file manager, nuked all my files, and setup /assets/ImageGallery/photos which did exist. Set the new album location, and save+published the page, and now the page is set back to /assets/photos.
4) Just deleted my default album, created a new one called 'test 1'. new location is /assets/assets/test-1. Oh, permissions, hold on. Ok, now I have an /assets/assets/test-3, Save+Publish, now listed as /assets/test-3 (which was just created as well). Uploaded a file, nothing showing on front-end, check settings of album and now its just /assets/assets in the album edit dialog, and 'none' in the album details dialog. Set the album folder back to /assets/assets/test-3 in the edit, saved, front-end WORKS! Did a save+publish, and front-end still works. If I re-enter the album edit dialog, it is back to listing /assets/test-3. Something fishy about the edit box for sure.

Added bonus: Deleting albums takes two clicks. First click doesn't process, no animation, nothing. Second click, gives me the animated gif and removes the album from the list. Also the default album cannot be removed? It goes through the motions and disappears, but when I re-enter the page the album is listed again.

Sphew! Sorry, once I free up from another module I'm developing I'll contribute more code and less bug reports. :-)

DHN

Community Member, 23 Posts

9 January 2009 at 9:08am

Hi Unclecheese

I'm having trouble getting the lightbox alt working in IE7 .... everything works fine in safari, firefox, but in ie7 the overlay won't work, it just shows the image in a new window.

i'm using 2.3+
image gallery 0.6.5

haven't changed any configs at all. and neither of the other js works either.

throb

Community Member, 23 Posts

11 January 2009 at 8:23pm

Hi UncleCheese,

I went to the demo site just now and noticed that it's still not working with safari. It's still just pushing the image to a new tab.
Do you have a fix in the works for this?
Also, is there a plan to work in videos as well? Currently the gallery module doesn't allow for adding thumbnails to videos and the lightwindow script has an issue with safari.

thanks for your work on this
rob

UncleCheese

12 January 2009 at 6:34pm

My apologies.. the image gallery demo site is very out of date. I'm working on a new version that will work with the Bulk Uploader module. The frontend management has been more of a headache than I anticipated and I think it would be well-served by something like the Bulk Uploader in its place.

As for video, I never intended to incorporate video to the gallery (that's why I called it ImageGallery). My intention was to create a more lightweight gallery to serve what most people are looking for -- images.

I do, however, have a FlashVideo module in the hopper that handles video uploads through the CMS, converts just about anything to FLV format, and comes with a variety of template variables for displaying and sizing them in a flash video skin. That's a ways off, though. Right now, it only works about 50% of the time. When it matures, however, you might find it interesting.

Thanks again for your interest, and keep your eyes open for a new ImageGallery release. SVN checkouts are here:

svn co http://svn.codespaces.com/carlinowebdesign/image_gallery