Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Image Gallery Extension: Testers Needed

Go to End

417 Posts   117835 Views

bummzack

Community Member, 904 Posts

16 April 2009 at 3:14am

Hi UncleCheese

Wow. This module is great work really (just checked out and installed, created a gallery)! Took so long for me to actually try it.
Kudos to you to maintain/update so many different modules at such a pace.

When I created my gallery, I got some PHP NOTICEs (because array indices where accessed that don't exist). Attached to this post you'll find a patch that fixes this issue.

I didn't find a de_DE.php lang file in the lang directory. Did Stephan send his file to you? Or did I misunderstood what the problem is?

Stephan

Community Member, 55 Posts

16 April 2009 at 3:17am

Edited: 16/04/2009 3:18am

Hello,
Uncle Cheese doesn't have my de_DE file.
But here it is for you for testing.
The translation is not perfect yet.

Thank you for taking care of this issue.

CU Stephan

bummzack

16 April 2009 at 3:28am

Hi Stephan

I just copied your lang file to my image_gallery/lang directory and it works just fine. I changed line 9 of your file (although it works without that change):

// from this
i18n::include_locale_file('cms', 'en_US');
// to this
i18n::include_locale_file('image_gallery', 'en_US');

Seems to work.. see attached screenshot...

Attached Files
Stephan

Community Member, 55 Posts

16 April 2009 at 3:42am

Yes it works, this is my text :-)
But unfortunately still not on my webserver. :-(

There is still something strange going on.
I'm running on Windows with IIS6 and everything is going very well.
But I still have problems from time to time with the language of my backend.

Although this seemed to be fixed with SS 2.3.1 (since then my backend language is german
(but not always, sometimes the navigation area is in english while the content area is german)),
I now have this problem with the ImageGallery backend.
This is very annoying.
I have brought up this issue serveral times in the forum but nobody seems to take care of this :-( .

Everything else is working just fine with IIS6, is fast enough etc.

I also have mod_rewrite working on IIS6 although this seems not be necessary any more with 2.3.1.

CU Stephan

bummzack

16 April 2009 at 3:59am

Edited: 16/04/2009 4:16am

Hm. These translations are purely php based. It's hard to imagine that the underlying webserver would actually break some functionality here.
I'd probably start looking at the IIS caching mechanisms. I don't know IIS at all, so I can't help. To narrow this down I'd try to install another module and check if the same issue occurs there as well.

Good luck

micahsheets

Community Member, 165 Posts

17 April 2009 at 5:42am

Just a question about the ImageGalleryPage.php file. What does "$cms" mean when it is put as a parameter to getCMSFields($cms)?

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

17 April 2009 at 5:54am

Funny.. I was just looking at the code the other day and I saw that, and I was wondering the same thing. I really have no idea. I know the Gallery module used that argument and way back when the ImageGallery was a subclass of Gallery, my getCMSFields() was failing because its parent included the argument and it did not. So who knows. Now that it's free of the Gallery module shackles, it can probably go, I suppose.

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

17 April 2009 at 6:32am

Hi, ImageGallery users,

Good news -- video is on the way. I just did a video gallery for a client and was really surprised at how easy it was to implement. Let me know what you guys envision for how we could adopt this to the ImageGallery. Here's what I think

- No need to create a VideoGallery page type. At most we can just have a boolean field "Allow Video". This would loosen up the file type filtering on the upload UI (currently JPG only) and also limit the popup UI to only those that support video.

- FLV and MOV are ideal. I haven't seen much else that is web friendly.

- Video thumbnail will initially be a separate upload.

- Phase II: If ffmpeg is installed on your server, you get a "convert to FLV" button with auto thumbnail generation.

Go to Top