Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Image Gallery Extension: Testers Needed

Go to End

417 Posts   117783 Views

DanStephenson

Community Member, 116 Posts

15 February 2009 at 5:45pm

Hi UncleCheese,

I emailed you last week about some problems I had with my site, and integrating the Image Gallery Extension into it. I am looking forward to the new version, and the Data Object Manager looks awesome! Do you have an estimated release for the new image gallery version?

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

16 February 2009 at 6:53pm

Hi, Dan,

I haven't forgotten about you. I'm planning on putting a lot of hours into the ImageGallery tomorrow. There's one more bubble of production that needs to be done before I can publish an SVN checkout. I'll have a better idea of when that will be after tomorrow, depending on how smoothly things go, and I'll definitely make a post to this thread.

Thanks again for your interest and your patience. I'm as anxious as everyone else is to get it to a testable state. :)

UncleCheese

18 February 2009 at 6:20pm

Hi, Everyone,

Just a quick update. A lot of progress the last two days, and the module is now feature-complete. I'm just doing some browser testing (praying for IE leniency, though I never get it...) I'll likely have a screencast up tomorrow sometime, and very shortly thereafter, hopefully Thursday, I'll have the SVN ready for checkout.

Thanks, again. Almost there.

Israel_Miranda

Community Member, 9 Posts

20 February 2009 at 5:39am

Hi there unclecheese, first congratulations and thanks for this useful module.
I just downloaded from http://silverstripe.org/assets/Uploads/ImageGallery0.6.5.zip
and I will start using it to test.

Anyway, what is the "official" download location ? is 0.6.5 the last 'stable' version ?
Or is the svn recommended to get the last stable version ?

In http://doc.silverstripe.org/doku.php?id=modules:image_gallery there is no mention about where get the Image_gallery module, I think you should put something about it there, I had to search the forums and figure it out myself(no problem with that, was good that I could read some discussions about this modules).

Thanks.

UncleCheese

20 February 2009 at 5:42am

Hi, Israel_Miranda,

Please do not use that version of the image gallery. It is no longer supported. The new, and drastically improved ImageGallery will be released today or tomorrow. Keep checking this thread! Thanks.

Israel_Miranda

Community Member, 9 Posts

20 February 2009 at 6:06am

Hi UncleCheese, thanks for the fast reply!!!
Well... I just found that out, it does not work at all :p

and the svn repo is empty

I am just about to show a silverstripe project within a few hours, and the only thing missing is the photo gallery.
I wanted to use image_gallery now to not have to switch to it later, but if it is not ready... I'll have to wait.

What is the stability of your actual code ?
does it have any critical bug ?
because if not, I wouldn't mind using it, and maybe I could help you out

Really would like to use it now, but only if it has some level of stability.

Thanks in advance for the fast reply!

UncleCheese

20 February 2009 at 3:47pm

i've posted a screencast of the new ImageGallery module here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9dkx_poybA

Setting up SVN and demo URL as we speak!

throb

Community Member, 23 Posts

20 February 2009 at 6:55pm

damned fine work. looks amazing.
really great update.

Go to Top