Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Image Gallery Extension Troubles

Go to End

34 Posts   13491 Views

Andrew Houle

Community Member, 140 Posts

7 January 2009 at 5:10am

What template files would you need? Do you need the entire theme? If so, could I email it to you, instead of over the forums? My email address is: houleness@yahoo.com. If you shoot me a quick email, I'll send the files you would need.

Thanks so much for all your help! Hopefully my testing, reciprocates a little of the hard work you've put in!

Joshuarr

Community Member, 37 Posts

7 January 2009 at 5:31pm

Hey Cheese,

I'm still having trouble with the Image galleries.

A lot of times, but not always, the new album dir is creates as assets/assets/ImageGallery/albumName instead of assets/ImageGallery/albumName.

Sometimes after I create a new gallery I can upload images to it, but mostly it doesn't work.

You can see the problems at joshuarichey dot com slash photos. If you want to poke around the admin side then drop me a message and I'll get you login info.

Thanks!

J

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

8 January 2009 at 3:38am

Josh,

Nice job on the site. Hopefully we can get the gallery working for you.

I am aware of the bug you're talking about. Isolating it to one specific set of actions is the problem. If you don't mind, could you set up an admin account for me? Send the info through my website www.carlinowebdesign.com

Joshuarr

Community Member, 37 Posts

9 January 2009 at 6:32am

Hey Cheese,
Did you get my email? I'm not trying to rush you, just want to confirm.
J

UncleCheese

9 January 2009 at 9:15am

I did.. thank you. I'll look at it really soon. I'm just trying to get a new module out the door today, so i haven't had a chance to look at it.

powla

Community Member, 11 Posts

6 February 2009 at 1:38pm

Edited: 06/02/2009 2:02pm

Hi, I seem to be having a similar issue as mentioned above. Has this been resolved yet?

The error message I receive when trying to upload images (regardless of the theme) is:
"An error ocurred in the upload. Try again later" Not really descriptive I'm afraid!

Thanks, P

UncleCheese

6 February 2009 at 1:56pm

Hi, guys,

Please consider this code abandoned. I realized I made some pretty poor choices in engineering it that makes in incompatible with a lot of environments. I was trying to maintain support for the old version while concurrently building the new one, but it's too much to take on. If you can, please hold out for the new version which should be available this weekend or next week. Just keep checking this forum. Thanks.

powla

Community Member, 11 Posts

6 February 2009 at 2:03pm

Thanks for the reply, will do!