Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Image Gallery Extension Troubles

Go to End

34 Posts   13491 Views

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

6 January 2009 at 5:31am

I think I know the problem. This sounds really dumb, but can you check your DOCTYPE? For some reason, the uploader doesn't work with an XML doctype, and the SS themes use that by default.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, just paste the top 10 lines or so of your HTML source code on the upload page.

Andrew Houle

Community Member, 140 Posts

6 January 2009 at 8:01am

Thanks for your help...

This is the doctype

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">

Should I change that?

UncleCheese

6 January 2009 at 10:12am

That's really weird. Try it on my website here:
http://sandbox.carlinowebdesign.com/gallery/album/people/upload

u; admin
p: password

Hopefully we can figure out if it's client side or server side.

Andrew Houle

7 January 2009 at 4:00am

I'm attaching a screenshot of my test site, and how it looked on the demo you sent me to. Maybe something is screwy in my theme, or where I placed the files.

For now I'm gonna try to put the extension on a local copy of silverstripe w/ the black candy theme to see if that works. I'll get back to you on that. Thanks again for all your help.

UncleCheese

7 January 2009 at 4:16am

Looks like it's working on my install and not on yours. On that site I'm running 2.3. You might want to try upgrading.

Otherwise, I'd start by just checking if you can get it to work on the default black candy theme and then go from there. Thanks for all your testing. If you can flush out a bug, I'd love to know about it. Keep me posted.

Andrew Houle

7 January 2009 at 4:21am

I'm trying to install a test blackcandy theme on my MAMP setup. I have everything up and running, but when I try to run a db build with the extension folders (image_gallery and swfupload) it fails to run. If I don't add the swfupload file, it will run and I can make an ImageGallery page type, however all the upload stuff of course doesn't work. Is there a something I should look for in my local server to get things to working w/ the swf upload stuff.

Otherwise I'll attempt to get things running on a remote server w/ ss2.3rc2.

Andrew Houle

7 January 2009 at 4:34am

I switched my layout to the blackcandy theme and the upload works fine. I'm not sure why my customized theme doesn't allow things to work. I'll keep digging around. Any ideas on why that would be?

UncleCheese

7 January 2009 at 4:56am

Ah-ha! Okay, send me the full template(s) for your custom theme. I'll play with it and see if we can figure out where it was going wrong. Thanks for your help. I really want to squash all these bugs. Appreciate you flushing it out.