Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Preview: Event Calendar Module

Go to End

293 Posts   69238 Views

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

4 April 2009 at 3:05am

Doh, sorry about that. Wrong URL

http://bluehousegroup.svn.beanstalkapp.com/modules/trunk/event_calendar

Testing your sorting issue now. If you can, log into eventcalendar.bluehousegroup.com at some point and see if you can replicate it.

UncleCheese

4 April 2009 at 3:17am

Gotcha. Gonna start coding it now. Thanks for your input, Banal. This looks pretty sharp.

dreamstudio

Community Member, 48 Posts

4 April 2009 at 4:13am

Cheese, I went onto your eventcalendar.bluehousegroup and recreated the errors

Firstly if you goto the basic calendar and see the list of upcoming.. you will see it lists each event upto sept/oct and then the next event, so if you show 10 items its just going to show one repeating... I think this is the sorting issue you said you were looking into

secondly click on an event ie the first one y ou see, weds 15th april and this is your URL
http://eventcalendar.bluehousegroup.com/this-event-occurs-on-the-1st-and-15th-of-the-month/

not click on the calendar on the right on any date and this is your new URL
http://eventcalendar.bluehousegroup.com/this-event-occurs-on-the-1st-and-15th-of-the-month/basic-calendar/2006-01-12

it has added /basic-calendar/2006-01-12 to the end of the url and not gone to the correct date

I installed your new version as well and it still does this for me

UncleCheese

4 April 2009 at 4:47am

Great catches. Please check out the latest version and test.

dreamstudio

4 April 2009 at 8:53am

Edited: 04/04/2009 8:55am

installed the files and flushed the db and when i tried viewing the site with the calendar it just came up with page cannot be found. Put the old files back and worked ok again

UncleCheese

4 April 2009 at 9:10am

Well, gentlemen, this appears to have been a very productive day for the event calendar. I've implemented Banal's brilliant templating system and it appears to be working pretty well after some light testing. Do an SVN update and check out the new lang file as well as the new _config.php for more info on how to customize your dates.

I'm going to leave set_date_format() in for now because it's a good way to tell the filter form which order to display its parameters (e.g. day vs. month first).

Thanks for your testing!

bummzack

Community Member, 904 Posts

4 April 2009 at 10:51am

Ahh. That's good news! I'll check out the new version asap. Thanks for your efforts on this

dreamstudio

4 April 2009 at 10:59am

Edited: 04/04/2009 11:06am

Excellent, installed and works fine and the clicking on the calendar dates after being on a specific item now works ok and the additional dates show correctly and not 2070

the only problem im having is if you just goto www.domainname.com/calendar ( for instance ) it will show the events but does no date sorting, if you put in /calendar/200904 it will show that month in correct order, is there a way to set the default view to do it in date order as well, so X items as set in the admin and on the default calender view it does items in date order?

edited... just found another little possible bug

you say want to see an event.... you click on the title and it goes to this url keep-fit/2009-04-21?CalendarStart=2009-04-21 and shows the calendar event details as you want

Perfect as it shows the date details and time details for that event.. however back on the default calendar view, if you click on more it just brings up keep-fit/ and doesnt have anything in the date... is this how you see it working. I would have thought clicking on the more would bring up more for that date rather than just showing the event details with no time information linked in

Go to Top