Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Preview: Event Calendar Module

Go to End

293 Posts   69245 Views

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

4 April 2009 at 1:15pm

I'm not seeing the lack of sorting on the default view. Can you replicate it on the demo site?

As for the linking issue, you need to make sure you use the $Link method of the CalendarDateTime object (returned by the <% control Events %>), and not the Event object. My guess is that link is using $Event.Link instead of $Link.

dreamstudio

Community Member, 48 Posts

4 April 2009 at 7:00pm

If you look to your http://eventcalendar.bluehousegroup.com/ and see the basic calendar... its set to show lots of events and look at the dates... starts on apr07 goes down to OCt then jumps back to apr06 when it hits another recurring event. From what I can see it tries to put things in date order for items that dont recurr but once it then gets to a recurring item it does all the days till oct then starts on the next one.

if you do a filter for x months then it works ok, so it seems the home page kind of sorts dates but repeating events throws it out

UncleCheese

5 April 2009 at 3:17am

Seems to have been a bug with DataObjectSet::getRange(). I'm using good ol' array_slice() now and it seems to be working.

dreamstudio

5 April 2009 at 7:09am

so is it another version we need to download or is it a simple fix we can do ourselves?

UncleCheese

5 April 2009 at 7:35am

Just do an svn update.

dreamstudio

5 April 2009 at 8:37pm

excellent they all work now, the only thing that now seems to stop the calendar working is if i drop in $MonthNavigator
under the calendar widget it just wont show the calendar or any calendar event page, just get a white page

Also with the calendar drop down, is it possible it could show the year as well, as it currently shows the months but also previous months so people might click on the wrong month ie last years events

dreamstudio

5 April 2009 at 10:01pm

im trying to change the dtstart field that shows up on the calendar default view to go from apr 04 2009 to Saturday April 4th 2009

I know before you mentioned about date fields but where in the code would i change that field or how would i go about doing this?

dreamstudio

5 April 2009 at 10:10pm

We want to have the events split into groups, so for instance some events are Fundraising events. We then want to say be able to show ALL fundraising events only. so that could then show 8 items on the page. I noticed on your docs you said about creating new fields, would there be a way to make a fundraising field and then be able to link to that and show just events that are tagged with that field?

Go to Top