Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Preview: Event Calendar Module

Go to End

293 Posts   69218 Views

tzeller

Community Member, 26 Posts

26 February 2009 at 8:02am

actually the same on the official release 2.3.0 which was launched two days ago.

thanks you are great to take your time into it.

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

26 February 2009 at 8:04am

Just so I have some context, did this happen immediately after you installed the event calendar module? Do you have any other modules running? Give me as many details as you can, especially what led up to the error. Did creating an event ever work?

tzeller

26 February 2009 at 8:40am

1. Same problem on 2.3 rc3, 2.3 rc4 and now on 2.3.0
2. Blog, ecommerce, forum, newsletter and user forms installed
3. Same situation (saving error) did and does appear with i18n and translatable. So i have deactivated them because this is generally not functional yet on >2.3 rc3 (as far i know). Problem happens either ways with or without translatable and u18n
4. I have extended the page class with the widget area but this shouldn't effect the calendar module
Calendar (the holder) works fine. you just can't save or publish any added events

Hope this helps

Michele

Community Member, 2 Posts

28 February 2009 at 3:35pm

This is a terrific module but I think I found a typo.

When creating a calendar page, you are prompted to enter the "Number of events to display on default view. (Enter 0 for all events)." If you enter 0 because you want all the events to list, the RSS feed returns 0 events and the default listing displays 0 events. For example, I entered three events for test purposes and entered 0 for the number of events to display on default view. None of the events that I entered were listed on the default view of {site_name}/calendar/. If I enter the URL {site_name}/calendar/2009 or {site_name}/calendar/200903 all the events listed. The same thing happened on the RSS feed.

I believe the instructions on the calendar page should read as -> Number of events to display on default view instead of -> Number of events to display on default view. (Enter 0 for all events)

UncleCheese

28 February 2009 at 4:43pm

Thank you for reminding me. I need to change that. I never worked that into the code. Consider "0 for all events" not an option until further notice.

tzeller

4 March 2009 at 1:09am

sorry but i still have the same error saving content - also when i changed the "number of events to display on default view"

UncleCheese

4 March 2009 at 2:38am

Do you have error reporting on? If so, what error is being thrown?

tzeller

4 March 2009 at 2:41am

as far as i can see the same as before:

Error: Couldn't run query: insert into `CalendarEvent_versions` SET `Recursion` = 0, `CustomRecursionType` = 0, `MonthlyRecursionType1` = 0, `MonthlyRecursionType2` = 0, `ClassName` = 'CalendarEvent', `Created` = null, `LastEdited` = null, `Start` = null, `End` = null, `Content` = null, `Title` = null, `StartTime` = null, `EndTime` = null, `Location` = null, `EventType` = null, `DailyInterval` = '1', `WeeklyInterval` = '1', `MonthlyInterval` = '1', `MonthlyIndex` = '1', `MonthlyDayOfWeek` = '0', `CalendarID` = '0', `RecordID` = 302, `Version` = 2, `AuthorID` = 3 Unknown column 'ClassName' in 'field list'
At line 394 in /Users/tobiaszeller/Sites/sivis_2_3/sapphire/core/model/MySQLDatabase.php

user_error(Couldn't run query: insert into `CalendarEvent_versions` SET `Recursion` = 0, `CustomRecursionType` = 0, `MonthlyRecursionType1` = 0, `MonthlyRecursionType2` = 0, `ClassName` = 'CalendarEvent', `Created` = null, `LastEdited` = null, `Start` = null, `End` = null, `Content` = null, `Title` = null, `StartTime` = null, `EndTime` = null, `Location` = null, `EventType` = null, `DailyInterval` = '1', `WeeklyInterval` = '1', `MonthlyInterval` = '1', `MonthlyIndex` = '1', `MonthlyDayOfWeek` = '0', `CalendarID` = '0', `RecordID` = 302, `Version` = 2, `AuthorID` = 3 Unknown column 'ClassName' in 'field list',256) line 394 of MySQLDatabase.php MySQLDatabase->databaseError(Couldn't run query: insert into `CalendarEvent_versions` SET `Recursion` = 0, `CustomRecursionType` = 0, `MonthlyRecursionType1` = 0, `MonthlyRecursionType2` = 0, `ClassName` = 'CalendarEvent', `Created` = null, `LastEdited` = null, `Start` = null, `End` = null, `Content` = null, `Title` = null, `StartTime` = null, `EndTime` = null, `Location` = null, `EventType` = null, `DailyInterval` = '1', `WeeklyInterval` = '1', `MonthlyInterval` = '1', `MonthlyIndex` = '1', `MonthlyDayOfWeek` = '0', `CalendarID` = '0', `RecordID` = 302, `Version` = 2, `AuthorID` = 3 | Unknown column 'ClassName' in 'field list',256) line 102 of MySQLDatabase.php MySQLDatabase->query(insert into `CalendarEvent_versions` SET `Recursion` = 0, `CustomRecursionType` = 0, `MonthlyRecursionType1` = 0, `MonthlyRecursionType2` = 0, `ClassName` = 'CalendarEvent', `Created` = null, `LastEdited` = null, `Start` = null, `End` = null, `Content` = null, `Title` = null, `StartTime` = null, `EndTime` = null, `Location` = null, `EventType` = null, `DailyInterval` = '1', `WeeklyInterval` = '1', `MonthlyInterval` = '1', `MonthlyIndex` = '1', `MonthlyDayOfWeek` = '0', `CalendarID` = '0', `RecordID` = 302, `Version` = 2, `AuthorID` = 3) line 418 of Database.php Database->manipulate(Array) line 117 of DB.php DB::manipulate(Array) line 830 of DataObject.php DataObject->write() line 641 of LeftAndMain.php LeftAndMain->save(Array,Form,HTTPRequest) line 228 of Form.php Form->httpSubmission(HTTPRequest) line 107 of RequestHandler.php RequestHandler->handleRequest(HTTPRequest) line 121 of RequestHandler.php RequestHandler->handleRequest(HTTPRequest) line 122 of Controller.php Controller->handleRequest(HTTPRequest) line 262 of Director.php Director::handleRequest(HTTPRequest,Session) line 106 of Director.php Director::direct(admin/EditForm) line 115 of main.php

Go to Top