Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Preview: Event Calendar Module

Go to End

293 Posts   69220 Views

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

24 March 2009 at 4:01am

Make sure you're doing Requirements::clear() after the parent::init().. but you probably know that.

$CalendarWidget will call a Requirements for some javascript and css files.. but I'll look into why that might be failing you.

Howard

Community Member, 215 Posts

25 March 2009 at 6:18pm

Hey UncleCheese,

Just wondering if this is a bug or if you have moved svn servers but I can't get a copy of the Calendar module from http://svn.codespaces.com/bluehousegroup/event_calendar

It is asking for authentication...

Thanks

UncleCheese

26 March 2009 at 2:33am

Howard

Community Member, 215 Posts

26 March 2009 at 11:28pm

Great that svn works :)

Might have a bug here, installed module on fresh copy of current trunk. No problems with installation and adding events. I added one event to a calendar and set it to repeat weekly. When viewing the calendar in the front end and clicking on the .ics download icon it causes the following ss error http://pastie.org/427524 This is installed locally on mamp.

I then changed the line 55 of calendar.php from:
protected function getEventClass() {
to
public function getEventClass() {
and this now works without issue. I downloaded the .ics and imported it into iCal.

I don't know if there was a reason the function was protected and I might have broken something else but I am sure you will know all ;) Let me know if there is any other info you want - thanks again :)

UncleCheese

27 March 2009 at 3:46am

Interesting. Thanks for that. I'll check in the change.

UncleCheese

28 March 2009 at 5:02am

Hello, EventCalendar users!

First, let me say I'm really happy to see that so many of you have enjoyed using this module. A lot of work went into it, and I think it's something that Silverstripe really needs badly. That said, I think it's still a ways off from being a supported module, but I'd like to get it there. Can we change the direction of this thread to an ad-hoc collection of bug reports and feature requests? I know there are a lot out there, and I'd like to get a nice concise list of everything if I can. Here's what I have so far, in order of priority:

- Add translation/localization features. Calendar has no support for European date format, other languages, etc.
- Refactor the getCMSFields function to use a template rather than mixing markup into the controller
- Review Javascript requirements, localize to widgets rather than forcing requirement for all calendar pages.

Anything else?

bummzack

Community Member, 904 Posts

28 March 2009 at 5:28am

Hi UncleCheese

Thanks for all your work on this Module. I'm currently still in the Stage of implementing it into a site I'm building. Good to see that the localization and date-format features are given a high priority.

Regarding the Requirements: IMHO, javascript and css files are part of the View and should be put into the templates rather than the controller or even model. That way somebody could just create a custom template with or without the requirements.
I temporarily resolved my issue (thanks for the pointer) by removing some requirements from the CalendarUi.class.php (btw. why is there a CalendarUI.php and a CalendarUI.class.php file with virtually the same content?).

I'll post any bugs or feature requests here.
Keep up the good work.
Best - Roman

UncleCheese

28 March 2009 at 5:35am

Yeah, I was equally confounded by the duplicate code in CalendarUI and CalendarUI.class. That will definitely be on my list of things to inventory. :)

As far as putting requirements on the template, are you speaking to using the <% require %> tag? If so, could you explain how to use it? I've never seen it used and there's no documentation on it.

And also, how would one force inclusion of javascript for something like the CalendarWidget?

Go to Top