Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Polls module and SS 2.3

Go to End

14 Posts   5465 Views

HansR

Community Member, 141 Posts

27 April 2009 at 5:18pm

I just tried to install the polls module to SS 2.3.1, and I don't see any mention of polls anywhere. Has anyone managed to get polls working with SS 2.3+ yet?

Hans

HansR

28 April 2009 at 2:23pm

@Mad_Clog

Is your polls module/widget in a usable state? I was hoping to add a poll to a single page, but it appears that no-one knows how to get the existing Polls module working with Silverstripe 2.3.1.

HansR

28 April 2009 at 2:37pm

I just had a look at the latest trunk build of the Polls module, and it works with Silverstripe 2.3+. So, anyone who wishes to use the Polls module should download the latest trunk build, not the latest release.

Hans

ulysses

Community Member, 57 Posts

11 May 2009 at 8:49pm

Hi Tiga,

I had the same problem but now I have got it sorted. If you still have the problem, here is the fix to it.

I am using SS 2.3.1 core stable release: http://www.silverstripe.org/assets/downloads/SilverStripe-v2.3.1.tar.gz

Delete your "polls" folder from your server.

Run /dev/build

Download this trunk daily build of the polls module:
http://open.silverstripe.com/changeset/latest/modules/polls/trunk?old_path=/&filename=/modules/polls/trunk&format=zip

Replace your "polls" folder with the trunk version as above. Please note that this zip file has the necessary files in a "trunk" folder. Make sure that in addition to the the "polls" folder being in the root of SS, you should move all the files and sub-folders from the "trunk" folder to the root of the "polls" folder. Upload them to the server.

Run /dev/build

Now you will be able to see the Polls tab in the CMS.

I am able to create a Poll but am now trying to work out how to display the poll on a page. The stable release 0.1 does not have a README in it with instructions. The trunk build above has a README but no instructions!! I have advised one of the SS developer who has added that to the list of things to do.

Good Luck

Thomas

Community Member, 1 Post

19 May 2009 at 3:07pm

Hi Ulysses,

here's more info on how to make the poll display in the front end:
http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=modules:polls#showing_the_poll_on_the_frontend#installation

I just followed the instructions and it worked fine. Make sure though that you have the 'genericdataadmin' installed, and that your poll is called the same thing as the function in:
function MyPoll() {
return new ShowPoll($this, 'MyPoll');
}
This is all explained in the documentation.

Thomas

ulysses

Community Member, 57 Posts

19 May 2009 at 3:13pm

Hmm. I too followed al the instructions including the genericdataadmin folder, etc. and it did not work. After consulting with the developer who works on it at SS, I got the version that does work. Maybe they have updated the version available for the download and all is OK. That is great.

I would be interested to find out how not to display it on the forum module.

Does anyone know how NOT to display it on the Forum pages?

Go to Top