Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

event_calendar module problems

Go to End

25 Posts   6932 Views

FireMe!

Community Member, 74 Posts

15 February 2009 at 6:18am

hi im new to ss, and have just installed the event_calendar module from bluehouse group, but am having problems with it, the calendar date picker does not seem to work on firefox or IE, when clicked shows the following page.

Object not found!

The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
Error 404

also the date range filter comes up with a parsing error in firefox but filters correctly in IE.

XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
Location: http://localhost/site/new-calendar/2009-02-14/2009-02-17
Line Number 139, Column 104:					<h3 class="summary"><a href="/site/new-calendarevent/2009-02-14?CalendarStart=20090214&CalendarEnd=2009-02-17">New CalendarEvent</a></h3>

any ideas?, should the calendar_event module work from the download, or do you have to tweak it or something.is any one using this module, because i looked at the bluehouse group demo of the calendar and that has none of the above problems. see i am building a website with ss and i would really like this module.

Thanks in advance

FireMe!

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

15 February 2009 at 6:40am

Hi... I'm the developer of the module. Have you checked out the latest svn? Post a link to your site if you can.

FireMe!

15 February 2009 at 6:44am

Hi unclecheese,

I downloaded it from http://www.silverstripe.org/all-other-modules/show/252811 is that the latest svn. the website is localhost not yet online till i get every thing figured out.

Thanks in advance

fireme

UncleCheese

15 February 2009 at 10:45am

A couple tips..

First, check out the latest version via SVN at:

svn co http://svn.codespaces.com/bluehousegroup/event_calendar

(I believe that's it... refer to the other thread for the URL if that's wrong)

The date picker bug you're experiencing is a known SS bug. It happens when you view a ComplexTableField followed by a TableField, or maybe the reverse. If I'm not mistaken, the bug you're experiencing is that it clicking the date picker opens a popup window that throws an error. I'm working on getting that resolved. The DataObjectManager module that I'm working on will soon be integrated into the event calendar and should fix the problem. In the meantime, you can just use the text input to enter the date manually in the DD/MM/YYYY format. Honestly, though, i haven't seen this bug come up too much, and I think it's just a certain sequence of actions that leads to it.

As far as the XML parsing bug, looks like it doesn't like the ampersand in the URL. I would just take out the XML doctype from your template and use a normal XHTML transitional or HTML 4.01 doctype. I believe the default BlackCandy template uses an XML doctype.

That should fix the parsing error until I can get in and escape that ampersand.

FireMe!

15 February 2009 at 11:57pm

Edited: 16/02/2009 1:01am

Thanks for your help,

The doctype fixed the filter, but i really need that date picker working. how long would you expect it to take you, to get the DataObjectManager module integrated into the event calendar?.

edit: also how come the bluehousegroup demo works, with the date picker?

Thanks in advance

FireMe

UncleCheese

16 February 2009 at 6:47pm

Is this bug happening every single time you click a date picker? In my experience, it only happens when going back and forth between a TableField and a ComplexTableField -- the javascript gets overloaded and it puts click events on the entire table row, forcing the calendar icon to open a popup. Is this the bug you're experiencing?

Version of SS? The BHG demo is on 2.2.3.

Would you be willing to make me a temporary admin account so i can see what's going on?

FireMe!

17 February 2009 at 6:53am

yes the bug is happening every time i click a date, i have tried both 2.2.3 and 2.3.0 of SS same thing happens also the site is on local host that would not be anything to do with it would it, if so thats strange?.

thanks in advance

fireme

FireMe!

19 February 2009 at 7:02am

hi,

still not got it working any idea, when the DataObjectManager module will be integrated into the event calendar module as you said it would fix the problem with the event calendar.

thanks in advance

FireMe

Go to Top