Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Newsletter module

Go to End

8 Posts   2888 Views

Jeroen

Community Member, 2 Posts

18 February 2009 at 2:37am

Hello,

First of all I want to thank the whole Silverstripe staff and its community for what it is.

Currently I'm undergoing some problems on the newsletter feature in SS. Before I started I did check out the documentation on creating and configuring a newsletter template within SS. But the problem is that my template doesn't show up in the dropdown box when creating a new newsletter. I've tried both ways (mysite/templates/email/ and themes/mytemplate/templates/email/) and also set the extra _config.php lines.

I just can't figure out whats going on and I would really appreciate some help on this one.

jigster

Community Member, 15 Posts

1 June 2009 at 12:54pm

I have the same problem..any help would be great...Thanks.

_Vince

Community Member, 165 Posts

26 July 2009 at 12:57pm

*bump* I'm having the same problem.

I get the new "Newsletter" tab in the CMS, I click on it and there's just two buttons. One's marked "Create", the other's marked "Delete" and neither of them does anything. :?

Any idea what could be wrong? I've tried looking at the page with Firebug but there's no mention of any errors, it's like the buttons are not connected to anything.

gakenny

Community Member, 153 Posts

28 July 2009 at 10:08am

Vince,

What version of SS and the newsletter are you using? What path is the newsletter module extracted to?

Cheers,

Gary

_Vince

28 July 2009 at 2:12pm

Hi, Gary.

I'm using SS 2.3.1, the newsletter module is v0.1.1 and I tried creating a template in various places, including mysite\templates\email as suggested in the documentation. I also added Email::setAdminEmail("my_email@some.com") to the _config.php file.

The newsletter module is extracted to the root directory for the site, which would be either c:\xampplite\htdocs\directory\... or http://localhost/directory. I think the path is OK because I do get the extra tab in the CMS, and the buttons.

I've also downloaded the user forms module (v0.1.0) but nothing ever happens.

gakenny

Community Member, 153 Posts

28 July 2009 at 9:53pm

Hi Vince,

I did have a similar issue to what you described where the buttons where unresponsive but I *think* this was related to the directory name of the module not being set to newsletter. I did change other things at the time and I cannot be sure that this was the solution.

Cheers,

Gary

_Vince

29 July 2009 at 9:25am

YESSSS! :D That did the trick!

Thank you very much!

biapar

Forum Moderator, 435 Posts

28 January 2010 at 11:42pm

There are some wrong info: http://doc.silverstripe.org/doku.php?id=newslettersytemhelp#email_templates

If we put email template into themes folder and code line into config ( NewsletterAdmin::$template_path ) , we had error that does not found any template!!!