Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

For all who want YouTube on 2.3

Go to End

19 Posts   6540 Views

Matt Hardwick

Community Member, 61 Posts

25 February 2009 at 8:54am

I downloaded the current stable and changed line 173 in YouTubeService.php from

$current_url = Director::currentURLSegment(); to $current_url = Controller::curr()->URLSegment;

This means I can still have side navigation, and it doesn't load up full screen because the JavaScript includes are busted on the later versions.

Adsum

Community Member, 3 Posts

2 March 2009 at 3:34am

Thank you very much, Matt. Works fine! This solved my problems with YouTube Gallery 0.1 on Silverstripe 2.3.

Matt Hardwick

2 March 2009 at 3:42am

Edited: 02/03/2009 3:42am

I have since noticed that the times are screwed... So a video that is 1:55 is put as 1.9 minutes. When I figure out how to sort it I will post. Also pagination isn't working.

Flynn42

Community Member, 1 Post

17 March 2009 at 12:41am

Thanks Matt! I was having similar problems with the youtubeservice module. You saved me from multiple days of coding hell!

Briohny

Community Member, 199 Posts

18 March 2009 at 4:47am

Hey Matt... what about 2.2.3? Does YouTube module work with this version. I installed it and after db/build etc the YouTube page produces the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function curl_init() in C:\wamp\www\mccools\sapphire\api\RestfulService.php on line 83

Any ideas?

Matt Hardwick

18 March 2009 at 4:57am

I would guess that is actually something more to do with your install, as it looks like a CURL error, and is not something related to the problem outlined in this thread.

Are you using the stable version of YouTube??

Briohny

18 March 2009 at 5:06am

Yes, it's v0.1.0

I'll try uninstalling and re-installing again to check. Will get back to you. Thanks.

Briohny

18 March 2009 at 5:15am

No, still not working. I did a fresh install. Same error. I noticed that the YouTube documentation says to use SS v2.2.0 but you got it to work with 2.3. Any ideas?

Go to Top