Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

ldap auth_external - blank page solution

Go to End

2 Posts   2697 Views

woodb2

Community Member, 48 Posts

11 March 2009 at 5:11am

Just posting this because I've spent a couple of days trying to get my ldap login to work again. There a a couple of posts in the old forum that this solution may fix, but since they're read only I'm posting what worked for me in the new forum.

I had 2 servers running SilverStripe with ldap working just fine. One of the servers (my test server) I decided to update to the latest version of Ubuntu (I was behind many versions). I did a clean install which meant I'd have to start from scratch. I got apache2, php5, mysql going without much problem. I reloaded my web root directory that had my Silverstripe installations and they worked just fine. Fine, until I tried to log in to one of them using ldap.

I would enter my ldap ID and password and got nothing but a blank screen. I could long in with email and password but, auth_external wasn't working.

Comparing my PHP environment between my working and broke server I saw that the working site's php environment had an LDAP module.

There's a package called php5-ldap that I needed to install. After a restart of apache, all was working again.

Hopefully this helps someone. It could have save me a couple of days of hunting around. Maybe it should be listed with the requirements for the auth_external module. I read the README, but it didn't list this as a requirement.

lancer

57 Posts

22 March 2009 at 4:56am

It is noted in the documentation of 0.3.0. On top of that 0.3.0 has debug features to find these kinds of problems in an easy way. 0.3.0 is 2.3.0+ only.

(At the moment you want to use the latest from trunk. Some bugs were fixed)