Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Easy installing for UserForms

Go to End

4 Posts   3534 Views

Pahn

Community Member, 7 Posts

16 March 2009 at 6:33am

I am just started using silverstripe. Now I'm trying to install UserForms module. I successfully installed it by extracting the downloaded file, renaming it to userforms then placing it to the root folder, then build the database by dev/build.

So far I am successful to that point, but I cannot understand the next steps said from http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=modules:userforms

Can someone give a step by step procedure on where and what file should we edit?

like >> edit this file, (root/folder/file.php), then add $Form << well, somehow like that ^^

theAlien

Community Member, 131 Posts

16 March 2009 at 1:24pm

Edited: 16/03/2009 1:25pm

Hi, welcome.

If you're using the default BlackCandy-theme it's pretty easy: all is said and done...

If you're using your own (custom) template, do this:

1) edit this file (themes/YourTemplateName/templates/Layout/Page.ss), then add $Form (most of the time you will add it below $Content, but that's up to you ;-) )
6) edit (if you want to) the default e-mailtemplates in userforms/templates/email
7) _config.php is referring to mysite/_config.php

Changing the default validation message can (if I'm not mistaken) be done in sapphire/javascript/lang/YourLanguageFile.js

Hope this helps. Working trough the tutorials will help you understand the SilverStripe (templating)structure (http://doc.silverstripe.org/doku.php?id=tutorials - at least tutorial 1 and 2) . They're imo pretty clear compared to many other CMS's. It helped me alot in my own search for the $Form-tag and many other tags and functions.

Pahn

18 March 2009 at 3:56pm

Thanks theAlien.. just like what I understood on template editing..

But I think the problem I'm having is with the CMS interface. I wonder if there is something else I need to edit... or perhaps it is not yet compatible with the 2.3.0 version??

Pahn

18 March 2009 at 4:03pm

Okay. Never mind.. I think I was so stupid to expect I will see the form tab immediately.

The answer to my problem is to actually just add a new page that is a user defined form... Sorry, for my stupidity. I was just too excited I guess :P