Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Age Old Question? Registration Module, any help?

Go to End

Goodfella

Community Member, 2 Posts

10 April 2009 at 7:44am

Hi Guys and Gals

I know this has been mentioned many a time around here so I'm sorry to post a new topic, but of all the instances of people asking about a regstration module in SS, none gave me the answer I was looking for! I find the more 'backend' side of coding a bit tricky on this CMS. I'm used to dabbling with CMSMS (CMS Made Simple) because it was so simple and easy to get to grips with (I really didn't like Joomla and Drupal, let alone any of the others I tried). When I first saw SS I was gobsmacked at how spot on the content editing area was. I mean it is THE NUTS! Well done to all involved. Such a user friendly layout and the dragging and dropping is just the icing on the cake.

Anyway, I'm getting sidetracked, sorry. For a login form, "$LoginForm" is so sweet and simple, and so easy to implement. But is there (yet) an easy way to incorporate a registration form for users so that I can really make the most of separating areas of my site so that only logged in users can view by using the code:

<% if CurrentMember %>
<p>User only content</p>
<% end_if %>

I don't want to have to create users manually. Please help!! I'm 100% familiar with XHTML and CSS but only a little familiar with PHP :o(

Regardless, I'm sticking with SS because I can see it has legs and will beat the competition with a wet fish (if it was coded to do so).

Thanks for reading and thanks for any suggestions you may post!