Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Event Calendar CSS

Go to End

16 Posts   6106 Views

markotondria

Community Member, 13 Posts

2 May 2009 at 11:16am

Edited: 02/05/2009 11:17am

Hi !
I have event_calendar (r35) installed and when I go to one of the event calendar pages it seems as if the calendar css files are not being included, and also where the nice calendar selector should be, is just the word 'loading'.
Ive done a ?flush=1.
Any pointers ?

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

3 May 2009 at 11:02am

Make sure the folder is named "event_calendar" and it is in your silverstripe root. I recommend using the SVN in lieu of the download because I haven't updated the ZIP file in a while.

markotondria

5 May 2009 at 3:56am

Edited: 05/05/2009 4:23am

The folder is indeed named event_calendar - Funny thing is, whilst looking around for an event calendar, I'd downloaded the one from the blue.. website and that actually had the css including properly, but did not have even a space for the nice calendar widget thingy, so I got the zip from this site.
I'll svn another version and let you know how it goes. Thanks again.

update..
Bah, no - still have some 'foldering' issues - its not looking in the right place for the css and other files - what should my base href etc be ? and what other might I do ?
The module shows up fine in the cms and 'works' apart from not looking in the right place for includes, etc

UncleCheese

5 May 2009 at 4:36am

Can you try navigating directly to the CSS file in your browser? Do you have a base tag on your template?

markotondria

5 May 2009 at 5:12am

Hey UncleCheese - Thanks for your response...
I can access the css file if I got there directly, yes..

Let me outline a little more how I've got SS set up..
I have a page that needs to remain static, this is my main site page, and on it is a content div..
I have ajaxing magic to retrieve the urls of my SS install and pipe it into the content div..There is no base href on this page.

Even however, when I go to the ss generated url directly, I get the problem of the content not being styled correctly, and I am assuming that this is because the stylesheet is never being called. Also, the (jQuery is it ?) calender does not appear, so I think any include/requires in the calendar stuff is not grabbing the jquery calendar chooser from the right place..

eg, I have created a new calendar in the cms, but when I point my browser to it, it appears unstyled and without the nice date selector widget.
What are your thoughts ?

I am not entirely sure I'd got rid of my previous event_calendar installation as some of my event entry names reappeared when I installed the latest svn version - can you quickly let me know what exactly I need to do for a totally fresh, uncached install, sir ? :)

Thanks again, I honestly appreciate you taking the time to help here.

Bests,
Mike

UncleCheese

5 May 2009 at 7:18am

Edited: 05/05/2009 7:19am

Hi, Mike,

Can you try going into the core classes and changing the paths for the requirements? Something's gotta work eventually. Is silverstripe installed in your web root? Check permissions, maybe? I can only guess, here. I would just try a variety of combinations -- including the web root in the path, adding/removing the leading slash, etc.

Do the requirements appear in the markup? If they do, it means the path is correct, but the file is just not readable.

Let me know the fix if you find it.

markotondria

5 May 2009 at 8:13am

Hey UC..

Actually no, the SilverStripe is NOT installed in root, its in a /folder/ ..I am having to dev the site in this folder, then will have to xfer to another domain (on the same box)...would this make a great difference ?

UncleCheese

5 May 2009 at 8:22am

That is probably what is making the difference. What does your base tag say? Do you have any other modules installed and working?

Go to Top