Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Youtube module and silverstripe v2.3 +

Go to End

masoud.org

Community Member, 2 Posts

2 May 2009 at 6:44pm

Edited: 02/05/2009 6:47pm

Hi,

I'm not sure if anyone picked it up, but the Youtube module does not work entirely with silverstripe v2.3 onwards.

This is most probably because the youtube module uses reserved words, eg: method user query. My guess is sliverstripe v2.3 went through some clean up therefore conforming to best practice.

My recommendation to programmers do not use reserve words, check mysql docs for more info on reserved words.

It would be nice though if the exception handler to give some kind of message to convey you are using resrved word.

Anyways, to get around this problem for now you need to change Method, User and Query in youtubeGallery.php to something else eg:yUser. Also change the column names in the DB to the same name as in youtubeGallery.php. This work around works, but it does give a save error in CMS. So not entirely bug proof. I recommend the youtube module programmers to look into this ASAP.

Thanks

Masoud