Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

gallery-v0.2.3 and ImageGallery0.6.5 problems

Go to End

4 Posts   2148 Views

anthias

Community Member, 14 Posts

4 May 2009 at 6:37am

Having huge problems with this two gallery modules.

1.) @ gallery-v0.2.3:
(http://silverstripe.org/gallery-module/)
I have downloaded this gallery module - and "installed" it - as it was described. (using latest release of Silverstripe)
The problem is that more or less everything works - except the gallery slideshow. I can upload images etc. but when i click on the thumbs - the images open as normal pictures in the same window.

Can somebody help with this one?

2) @ ImageGallery0.6.5:
I have also tried this one.
Well - this one is even trickier - it seems installed - but it is not possible to upload or choose pictures for albums you can create.
(see attached files): its not possible to choose files from your local pc. If you select files which are already uploaded - then they are not visible in your album - as if you hadnt selected anything.

Any ideas - how to improve this?
This is all online.

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

5 May 2009 at 3:42am

The ImageGallery uses a Flash uploader. Do you not have Flash installed? Are you running Linux, by chance? To make sure you're on the latest versions of all three modules, be sure to use their respective SVN checkouts. I haven't updated the ZIP files in a while, but I plan to today. Development happens so rapidly on all three of those projects that it's hard to keep updating the Silverstripe download page. See the ImageGallery thread in this forum for more info. It's working quite well for lots of users on a variety of systems, so I'd imagine it's a simple problem.

anthias

Community Member, 14 Posts

5 May 2009 at 11:41pm

Hi Uncle Cheese.
Seems it was a simple problem. No idea why and what but I just updated all the necessary folders - and now it seems to work quite fine - except that not all Pop Up styles do work. But that doesnt matter - I am not picky!
Thanks for your reply!

gakenny

Community Member, 153 Posts

12 May 2009 at 5:11pm

Hi anthias,

I had issues with the gallery module as well. I needed to download the daily build and apply a couple of fixes.

See my post here:
http://www.silverstripe.org/all-other-modules/show/255212?start=0#post256281

Let me know if I can help further.

Cheers,

Gary