Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

[SOLVED] Article holder not displaying on the page

Go to End

23 Posts   4068 Views

buffy999

Community Member, 18 Posts

5 August 2014 at 10:10pm

I've tried as suggest the changes, still no available. Did the flush on article page.

Yes the articles are the child of the holder page, the tree would look like this:

About TeachSign (normal page)
--- Updates (holder page)
------- article item/news (article page)

I still don't understand why the homepage works ok and not on the holder page. hmm...

geekdenz

Community Member, 37 Posts

5 August 2014 at 10:12pm

I would need to have a closer look at the application to help further, I'm afraid.

buffy999

5 August 2014 at 10:22pm

Thanks for your help tonight, i will have to research a bit more further and hope i can find the solution. :)

geekdenz

5 August 2014 at 10:49pm

I managed to re-produce your problem and am now looking into it.

geekdenz

5 August 2014 at 10:54pm

?flush=1 solved it for me. I copy/pasted your code, so I strongly believe that must be it. Make sure you log in on the page that appears.

buffy999

6 August 2014 at 10:22am

Hmmm interesting... i've tried the ?flush=1 on the page that appears, i actually logged in while at it, still no change.

So it seems to me that the code is correct since yours is working. So it must be something i've missed.

I might have to re-upload all the files to the server tonight again, and hopefully it will work this time.

buffy999

18 August 2014 at 10:24pm

Yay! i have managed to get it to work now! I've just played around in CMS on the article pages, all i did was just turn on the 'show in menus?' in each article pages, and it shows up on the article holder page. Very weird but glad it fixed now. :)

So this matter is now closed. :D

Go to Top