Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

UserForms 0.2

Go to End

185 Posts   48308 Views

valentin83

Community Member, 13 Posts

16 October 2009 at 7:53pm

Hi, please give me an answer to my dilemma ...

valentin83

Community Member, 13 Posts

16 October 2009 at 11:36pm

The issue was solved. I replaced the version of the module, I had a trunk version and I think that was the reason nothing worked. Anyway, thank you for your assistance.

stew

Community Member, 30 Posts

17 October 2009 at 3:19am

Hey willr,

I've managed to get the module installed and working pretty much as I need, however I am wondering if it is possible to retrieve the submitted data on the public side of the site.

I'm using the module to allow people to register details for various tournaments - Team Name, Team Members, and an Image. What I had hoped to be able to do was to allow users to see the list of registered Teams (and the associated information)... is this possible?

Thanks for you help,

Stewart

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

17 October 2009 at 11:15am

You could get the data, but you would need to write some custom code.

All the data is stored in 2 tables 'SubmittedForm' and 'SubmittedFormField'. You could get the all the submissions for a given page by writing a dataobject get like

$submissions = DataObject::get('SubmittedForm', "ParentID = '$IDofYourPage');

Then you can view the individual form fields via $submissions->FieldValues();

Like I said, this does require some code so if you haven't gone through the tutorials I suggest you do so.

turtleline

Community Member, 6 Posts

20 October 2009 at 1:14pm

Hi,

I have created a form which works great in draft mode. When I click save and publish it displays the error: "Javascript Parse Error".

SilverStripe 2.3.3
Originally downloaded UserForms from link on documentation page. After reading forums have since located and tried rolling back to 0.2.0 and currently have tried UserForms-trunk-r89143
Have run dev/build, ?flush=1, and empty browser cache.

Is there a link to info on how to get more info on the error?
Cheers
Roger

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

20 October 2009 at 1:16pm

Make sure you have renamed the folder you downloaded to 'userforms' (without any -r82392 or -trunk on the end)?. Then refresh the cms

turtleline

20 October 2009 at 1:23pm

Yes, the directory is 'userforms' and has been refreshed.
Thanks.

turtleline

20 October 2009 at 1:41pm

Edited: 20/10/2009 4:34pm

The error was:
82:
missing ; before statement
Fatal error: Call to undefined method EditableFormField::publish() in /userforms/code/editor/EditableMultipleOptionField.php on line 49
I see it relates to WIP. I have successfully downloaded 0.2.0 again and got it running. Thanks for the help.