Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

UserForms 0.2

Go to End

185 Posts   48295 Views

slang

Community Member, 6 Posts

19 May 2009 at 11:15pm

Edited: 10/07/2009 5:03pm

I'm using new install of Silverstripe 2.3.2beta1, and just (tonight - 20090519) downloaded via. svn the Userforms 0.2, placed in mysite/userforms directory (which I created).

It seems that I've got a similar problem to Rodneyt. When I try to add a text field to a form, I get;

Fatal error: Method name must be a string in /var/sites/<site name remove here>/sapphire/forms/Form.php on line 245

Any ideas how to correct this?

Cheers -

Juanitou

Community Member, 323 Posts

20 May 2009 at 4:41am

Hi!

I think that UserForms does not support the new Translatable implemented in 2.3.2b1. See:
http://open.silverstripe.com/query?status=reviewed&status=replyneeded&status=new&status=inprogress&group=status&milestone=userforms+0.2

Regards,
Juan

Carbon Crayon

Community Member, 598 Posts

22 May 2009 at 10:56pm

Great work guys, this looks really good! Only had a brief play with it but from what I can see it's a vast improvement on v0.1

Carbon Crayon

Community Member, 598 Posts

24 May 2009 at 1:19am

Hi Will

Am I missing something, how do you set a field to be required? there is no checkbox like on userforms v0.1.

I also get the same error as Nick on the file upload field (running on my local WAMP).

Cheers

Aram

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

26 May 2009 at 5:45pm

Sorry the missing validation was a mistake. I have fixed this in http://open.silverstripe.com/changeset/77853.

I will release a new update to userforms tomorrow as it has contained a few fixes (for future 2.4 support and bugfixs). Thanks to all for the feedback

house98

Community Member, 31 Posts

1 June 2009 at 8:48pm

I get the same error as rodney

Fatal error: Method name must be a string in /home/mysite/public_html/design/sapphire/forms/Form.php on line 245

Running 2.3.2-rc2

flushed DB front/admin

Attached screenshot to confirm.

Attached Files
Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

1 June 2009 at 9:00pm

Your cms styling for it seems wack. Make sure you have flushed your cache and are visiting the admin like yoursite.com/admin?flush=1

house98

Community Member, 31 Posts

2 June 2009 at 3:54am

Ok, so it must have partially been browser cache -- did the flush in another browser and though I do not get an error now when creating a field (any field) it 'saves it' upon clicking, but doesn't create the field.

I can edit the content on the page, the submission message, but do not see any form in the admin -- I do see a submit button and a random field ... attached is a screenshot of the front end, and this is the parsed code below:

<form id="Form_Form" action="/new-userdefinedform/Form" method="post" enctype="application/x-www-form-urlencoded">

<p id="Form_Form_error" class="message " style="display: none"></p>

<fieldset>
		<legend></legend>

<input class="hidden" type="hidden" id="Form_Form_Referrer" name="Referrer" value="http://my.domain.com/contact-us/" />

<input class="hidden" type="hidden" id="Form_Form_SecurityID" name="SecurityID" value="768714866" />

<div class="clear"><!-- --></div>
	</fieldset>

<div class="Actions">

<input class="action" id="Form_Form_action_process" type="submit" name="action_process" value="test" title="test" />

<input class="action nolabel" id="Form_Form_action_clearForm" type="reset" name="action_clearForm" />

</div>

</form>

Again, running 2.3.2-rc2

Attached Files