Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

How can I get site statistics ?

Go to End

3 Posts   3085 Views

sryan

Community Member, 2 Posts

13 June 2009 at 3:13pm

I am using SS 2.3.1 and I came across the statistics module ( http://silverstripe.org/statistics-module/ ), downloaded from http://silverstripe.org/assets/modules/trunk/statistics-trunk-r70114.tar.gz.

I installed and configured the module, and I got the top level menu for statistics from the admin menu. The error thrown is "Plotr depends on the Prototype framework (version 1.5.1).". The net result is the admin page hangs on loading due to a javascript exception.

This comes from the statistics/javascript/plotr.js:22 where it is checking for the Prototype.Version.

The framework inclusions is as follows:

StatisticsAdmin.php:
//Get rid of prototype 1.4.x
Requirements::clear();

//Load prototype 1.5.x
Requirements::javascript("jsparty/prototype15.js");

I can see that the jsparty/prototype15.js has Version set to 1.5.1.1, and I can see that the jsparty/prototype.js has Version set to 1.4.0_rc3.

When I print the Prototype.Version in the js exception, I see that the version in play seems to be 1.4.0_rc3 rather than the 1.5.1.1 ( even though the inclusion suggests that it should use the newer version.

I tried modifying/removing the version check, and then it complains about a "new Hash()" ( there is another post for this error on the forums somewhere ). I'm not sure why but I suspect that the Hash() function/class is not defined in the old version.

So my question is this:

1) Why is the incorrect Prototype version seem to be loading, and how can I debug this ?

2) If there is an easier way to have/gather site statistics, how/what/where ( preferably with a working example ) ?

Thanks,
Sean

sryan

Community Member, 2 Posts

13 June 2009 at 3:36pm

Also, I've just noticed that this appears to stem from the assets/base.js having the prototype.js defined. I'm new to SS ( and working from an install that I didn't create ), so if I'm missing something that I should, just point me to the right docs and I can read up.

Thanks,
/sr

rino

Community Member, 12 Posts

7 July 2009 at 3:24am

i haven't heard back many good things about the build-in (or now module-driven) silverstripe statistics. maybe using an external tool like Google Analytics is a better idea?