Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Anti-spam frustration

Go to End

19 Posts   6199 Views


Community Member, 28 Posts

1 July 2009 at 3:04pm

No; the field wasn't there. I have added it, and it has since appeared.

Thank you for all the help - much appreciated.


Community Member, 18 Posts

2 July 2009 at 10:03pm

Edited: 05/07/2009 3:37am

I have gotten mollom and spamprotection to finally work on userforms 0.2 thanks to this thread! Thank you! Just took 2 fresh installs of the latest trunks of both mollom and spamprotection.

The only problem is that it works on my french site and my english version of userforms 0.2 doesn't work at all. I see it the same as the French side, but I can't change or add anything ( "error creating field" and "page not found" messages).

UPDATE: I am running 2.3.2. And I still have the same problem with my english version of userforms 0.2 being almost frozen compared to the French form.

This is what my _config.php has for th multiligual content:

/* Multilingual content */
// Enable Translatable
Object::add_extension('SiteTree', 'Translatable');
//Define allowed locales overriding those present in i18n::$common_locales
$allowed_locales = array(
'fr_FR' => array('French', 'French'),
'en_US' => array('English', 'English')
i18n::$common_locales = $allowed_locales;

The other issue I still have is where do I put the submit to email on userforms 0.2? For now the submissions are only going to my CMS.

Thank you very much for your help in advance,


Community Member, 6 Posts

3 July 2009 at 4:04pm

I seem to have a different issue than everyone else. When I go to Reports it shows Mollom as a Report. When I click on it I receive a notice at the bottom of the page stating there was an error loading the page in a red error box which disappears shortly after. My userform shows a text box which is titled "MollomField". The userform does NOT however display the Mollom captcha or audio controls. Does anyone have any suggestions?


Community Member, 323 Posts

4 July 2009 at 3:47am

Edited: 04/07/2009 3:55am

Hi Kateh!

Translated user forms are working well here, but with the official 2.3.2 version and, as far I remember, not the 0.2 version of UserForms but a trunk version (not the latest). Sorry for not remembering which one, I'm not good at SVN.

As for Spam Protection, I'm still looking at what I'm doing bad: here, with the latest trunk versions of mollom, spamprotection and userforms, I still not see the spam field. Seems like something is broken in the layout, maybe related to this bug.

I've tested it with my theme and with blackcandy.

Attached Files

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

4 July 2009 at 11:25am

Juanitou - make sure all the userforms files uploaded successfully and the directory is called /userforms/ and then reload the cms - admin?flush=1. It looks like you have a cached version of something.

I have updated that ticket with some information


Community Member, 23 Posts

6 July 2009 at 5:38am

1) If I go to the reports page, the mollom report returns a red "error loading page". This has started occuring since I upgraded Silverstripe to 2.3.2. Prior to that it told me that my keys were valid.

2) In the userforms which are installed correctly and working, I get the spamprotection field. However, there isn't any captcha text displayed on the form, just the field itself. As it stands no one can complete the form as they keep getting told that they haven't entered in the correct captcha text. What have I missed?

3) Spamprotection / mollom don't seem to be working for my blog - 283 spam comments in a few hours. How do I get this working?


Community Member, 607 Posts

6 July 2009 at 11:56am

Same issues here. Gone through and the video presentation (using 2.3.1, Userforms 0.1 and stable spamprotection and mollom extenstions)

Reports showing keys are valid.

But nothing appears on any page comment section on the Blog at all. And we're getting 2-300 spam postings a day.

Anyone have any luck with getting the default comments working with this?



Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

6 July 2009 at 12:09pm

Double-A-Ron try the recent daily builds of mollom, spamprotection. If you want spam protection on your userforms as well then you will need a recent daily build of userforms as well. Using SilverStripe 2.3.2 is ideal but I think mollom might still work on 2.3.1.

I am just about to release an update to the mollom and spam protection modules. A stable userforms release well come asap.

But nothing appears on any page comment section on the Blog at all.

Mollom does not show initially, it sliently checks the initial submit for any trace and if it does detect then it will show the captcha. You can force it to show the captcha by default by commenting out line 164 in PageCommentInterface.php ($protecter->setFieldMapping('Name', 'Comment');) comment that out and it should show the captcha for testing.