Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Anti Spam Releases (Mollom, reCaptcha)

Go to End

38 Posts   25733 Views

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

4 September 2009 at 9:22am

You are trying to use 2 methods to include the recaptcha. You can use it as a field OR use the spam protection wrapper. Which if you use Spam Protection you need to pass it a form object. Try http://pastie.org/605039

zenmonkey

Community Member, 545 Posts

4 September 2009 at 9:34am

Thanks. It wasn't clear from the reCaptcha documentation. Is there anywhere that explains the Pros/Cons of the two methods?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

4 September 2009 at 9:36am

No. I shall update the documentation.

Apophenian

Community Member, 46 Posts

10 February 2010 at 3:56pm

Is Mollum compatible with 2.4? The page (http://www.silverstripe.org/mollom-module/) doesn't mention it.

Philwm

Community Member, 22 Posts

1 March 2010 at 12:21pm

I've installed the SS blog module on a client site late last year, replacing the Wordpress hosted blog they were linking to.

Unaware that the blog software did not have any spam filters by default, I was contacted last week and advised that the client had a huge amount of spam and the blog was unusable.

I installed mollum and the spam protection modules and get public and private keys from Mollum which I inserted in the correct place and added to mysite/config_php. Dev/build indciated that the modules had been incorporated, client was advised and the problem of deleting the spam from the database was about to be approached - hopeless manually, why isn't there a bulk delete option?

Before I could clear it out the site shutdown as the Db was full. I got hold of the hosts to clean it up but the problem persists.

Anyway, the CMS report for Mollum says that the key is installed and working, but the reports show no spam being blocked.

Anyone shed some light on this?

Cheers - Phil

karibe

Community Member, 56 Posts

19 June 2010 at 1:58am

I want to move to newest ss2.4 but I have problem with spamprotection field in userforms, recaptcha field is always not well validated ( form is not submitted ).Ofcourse I did upgrade of modules spamprotection, recaptcha, userforms to newest versions.

davidm2010

Community Member, 107 Posts

21 July 2010 at 12:05am

I am having the same problem. It works in the Forum module, but does not show up in User Forms.

cuSSter

Community Member, 56 Posts

10 August 2010 at 5:06am

I have installed reCaptcha module and SpamProtection module in silverstripe 2.4.0. But when I submitted the form, I get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function curl_init() in E:\docroot\work\try\recaptcha\code\RecaptchaField.php on line 370

Did I miss something?