Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Event Calendar - Show in Menus, description summary problem

Go to End

jsirish

Community Member, 18 Posts

11 July 2009 at 5:49am

Uncle Cheese,

Still loving the event calendar module! Having a problem on a particular site with it though. http://new.sheboygansymphony.org

The calendar itself works great except for one thing. The description of the events in the calendar view won't show HTML, I'm getting some weird markup instead:

*Conductor* • Kevin McMahon[kevin-mcmahon/] *Guest Artist* Jeanie Yu • Pianist *Saint-Saen*s • Piano Concerto • No. 2 in G minor

*'s seem to be bold tags, [ /] links, etc. What I really need is the HTML to show through, or to strip this formatting altogether. Any tips or tricks for this?

The 2nd problem is the "show in menus" option. I have flyout navigation for this site, and am using the Children loop to populate the ul for this. The links generated for the calendar events lack the date chunk of the URL, so they instead go to a page that lists "Additional Dates", even though there is only one date for each event.

If I turn off "show in menus", they disappear from the navigation (which is great), but they also disappear from the "upcoming events" box on the homepage, and the calendar itself!

So, I'm wondering if I can A) correct the event link when using a children loop to show the date in the URL, or B) turn off "show in menus" but still have the event show up on the homepage and the calendar.

Using SS 2.3.2 and Event Calendar latest trunk version (from 7/8 I believe).

Thanks for any help you can give!