Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

New MetaManager Module - Automate your MetaDesc & Keywords

Go to End

12 Posts   6446 Views

PeterNilsson

Community Member, 1 Post

1 May 2010 at 10:57pm

Hi!
Thanks for a nice module!
I have made some updates to the MetaManager module and thought I should share them with you:

State of checkbox is now saved per page
This makes it possible to override the default metadata behavior on a per page basis. Useful to manually edit the description and keywords, for instance when page content field is empty.

Made keywords unique
Keyword list no longer contains duplicates since comparsion is now case-insensitive.

Tab position option
Added option to select which tab the checkbox is displayed at.
Default position moved from Content/Main tab to Content/Metadata tab.

Excluded words
Added common English and Swedish words to the list of excluded words that not will be used as keywords.

For download and more info: MetaManager v0.0.3

Ingo

Forum Moderator, 801 Posts

11 May 2010 at 10:01pm

Nice work! How about registering the module on silverstripe.org/modules?
I also believe that every line of code worth writing should be in version control, perhaps consider getting a free project up at http://code.google.com?

Some things I noticed browsing through the code:
- $disable_meta_manager - you can add a _manifest_exclude file in the module directory with the same effect
- _config.php - there's a lot of boilerplate configuration, i'd leave that in the static defaults within the class.
- This module could benefit from some unit tests - they're pretty simple to write, have a look here: http://doc.silverstripe.org/testing-guide

I've just updated our "module maintainers" page with more tips around all the "meta topics" when doing opensource modules with SilverStripe: http://doc.silverstripe.org/module-maintainers - perhaps you find it interesting as well :)

Pix

Community Member, 158 Posts

31 December 2010 at 12:20pm

Hi All!

Does anyone know if this module works with SilverStripe v2.4.3? I've installed the module per instructions, and while it ads the Description it never seems to ad any keywords to the Keywords field. Is there maybe a setting I am missing?

Thanks

Pix

Community Member, 158 Posts

31 December 2010 at 1:22pm

Edited: 31/12/2010 1:26pm

Well, I didn't really 'fix' the problem but 'metamanager-v0.0.2.rar' is working for me. The one posted as 'MetaManager v0.0.3' (which I am guessing is the latest version) was not working. I'm going to try and compare the versions when I have some spare time (meaning probably like 4 years from now) to see what's up, but maybe someone else already knows.....?

Go to Top