Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Youtube Gallery Weirdness

Go to End

7 Posts   2342 Views

JoelMurdoch

Community Member, 16 Posts

23 July 2009 at 5:18pm

Gentlemen,

I recently tried to install this module on an SS install I am currently running in a SilverStripe subfolder on a site (it will be placed in the main public_html when the site is ready to go live). However, I got a most perplexing result. An attempt to use db/build failed, with an error saying the server could not respond to my request. The weirdness continued when I attempted to access the login area and got the same result. Deleting the youtubegallery directory returned things to normal.

Is this happening because I am trying to install it in a subfolder, or is there some other solution?

Thanks,
Joel.

pbertrand

Community Member, 8 Posts

23 July 2009 at 10:33pm

Edited: 24/07/2009 8:58pm

I'v got nearly the same error. But for me the dbbuild works and i can log on the website. My problem is when i create a youtube gallery page, when I try to access this page, i've got the "Error The website server has not been able to respond to your request.".i'm searching the problem but still haven't found it yet. Maybe it comes from the same origin.

Edit :

Fixed my problem using the 1.0 version and not the "trunk version".

JoelMurdoch

8 August 2009 at 5:35pm

Thanks for your help thus far. I am using version 0.2 from the following page...

http://www.silverstripe.org/youtube-gallery-module/

I was using version 0.1 but that gives the same error. The whole module brings the site to it's knees, everything breaks down until I delete the folder, no URLs work at all.

You mention a version 1.0... where can this be found?

JoelMurdoch

11 August 2009 at 11:34pm

Problem solved. I was right, it seems it does not like to be installed on SS installs that are in sub folders.

JoelMurdoch

20 September 2009 at 10:58pm

Well I finally got back to this. Using the very latest versions of SilverStripe and the trunk of the Youtube Gallery, I got a successful installation and DB build. But unfortunately that's as far as I got. I created a Youtube page, it had the content I entered, but that was it. I tried putting in all different settings - my Youtube username (I have videos loaded) and tried all the other different options for selecting videos to show. Nothing worked. The HTML source code of the test page showed no signs of it even trying to do something.

Any ideas anyone?

pbertrand

Community Member, 8 Posts

23 September 2009 at 9:13pm

Sorry, I meant the 0.1 version.
I found it on the documentation page here: http://doc.silverstripe.org/doku.php?id=modules:youtubeservice

JoelMurdoch

23 September 2009 at 9:23pm

That version brings the site down in a screaming heap. Said something like "the server is unable to respond to your request" no matter what page I went to. I only gained any success with the trunk version.