Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

External Content and Alfresco Connector module released

Go to End

33 Posts   8724 Views

Marcus

Administrator, 89 Posts

27 July 2010 at 8:06pm

Oh - are you on windows or *nix? I just realised there's a possible bug on windows due to conversion of "\" separators.

innyinskip

Community Member, 46 Posts

27 July 2010 at 8:07pm

Yea im running on IIS 7.0

Marcus

Administrator, 89 Posts

28 July 2010 at 5:14pm

I've just updated the filesystem-connector module that should hopefully resolve the realpath() issues. It also works a tiny bit better with relative versus absolute paths - if relative, and no base_path is set, it will default to using Director::baseFolder(), meaning that immediately after creation, you should get a listing of your site's directory tree. It's also standard to use '/' as path separators, all conversion to windows path sep is handled internally.

innyinskip

28 July 2010 at 7:45pm

Hi Marcus,

Thanks very much for updating that. It really is appreciated.
One small issue though. I have redownloaded all modules and installed them using a dev/?flush=1
but when going to the 'External Content' in the cms i get a 500 error from IIS.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Craig

Marcus

Administrator, 89 Posts

29 July 2010 at 2:29am

Are you getting anything in your error logs at all? It sounds like something getting a bit borked in IIS, which is always fun to debug :).

How did you install SilverStripe initially? I'm a linux user so don't have ready access to IIS7 (have been testing things on wamp on an XP virtual machine), but can probably try and run up IIS on that machine. Would be handy to know how you installed so I can replicate it closely.

innyinskip

29 July 2010 at 2:34am

To be honest i found out about silver stripe through the web platform installer.
It sets all the config and installs the server components for you really.
After it was installed that when i went on my playing mission.

Im guessing its something silly to be fair. Theres nothing that has to be updated ni the external content module due to the filesystem module update is there?

Craig

Marcus

Administrator, 89 Posts

9 August 2010 at 10:09pm

I've (finally) had a chance to run up IIS and install via the web installer - and it all works as expected (don't you hate hearing that?).

Can you check the IIS logs (normally in C:\WINDOWS\system32\LogFiles but your IIS might be configured differently) and see what it is complaining about for the 500 error?

innyinskip

9 August 2010 at 10:11pm

Hi Marcus thanks ever so much for looking.

I decided to go down a different route.
Im using uncle cheese's resource page for DOM.
The reason i didnt use that to begin with was that it just listed the resources in a long list.
After having some play about i manage to table the results and then used jQuery to paginate them

Thanks ever so much for looking anyway mate.
Craig