Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Bugs? or Quirks of Modules

Go to End

4 Posts   2206 Views

akiriwas

2 Posts

26 October 2007 at 4:17am

First off I wanted to say that I really enjoy using SilverStripe. The more I get into it, the more and more I realize this is how *I* would build a CMS if I were to sit down and design one from scratch. This makes it very intuitive for me to use.

Let me also say that I really like the Gallery module, but I have found an issue that I was wondering if anyone else had encountered. The problem seems to be in unpublishing and removing a GalleryPage once its been made. This seems to crash my Silverstripe. The GalleryPage seems to get 'stuck' so that it will not delete no matter how many times I try. Secondly, it seems that if I close my browser and try to go back to the admin page, it will not load properly. I managed to fix the database manually, but it seems like an issue.

My second problem was with the Blog module. I am trying to look through the code myself, but have been unable to find the problem. In the summary of my blog entries (on the blog holder page) it is placing a <br/> after every link. This makes it look very awkward. The problem does NOT appear when you click to view the full entry.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

The Frenchy

Core Development Team, 40 Posts

26 October 2007 at 10:28am

As for the gallery module problem, you are not the first person who has noticed this problem, this bug will be fixed in the version 0.2.2

akiriwas

2 Posts

26 October 2007 at 3:25pm

Great to hear! Has there been any kind of work around found til then, other than directly editing the DB? Either way, great work on the gallery page.

Hopefully, someone else will have had a similar issue with my blog problem as well and be able to give me some insight.

henrik

18 Posts

29 October 2007 at 7:27am

Did you find a workaround to the "removegallerypageproblem"?

-Is there a way to manually remove previously created gallerypages?
-Could I uninstall the gallery module (how?), and wait for the update?