Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

frefreshing uploads folder

Go to End

4 Posts   1685 Views

vevmesteren

7 Posts

9 November 2007 at 4:50am

Hello, instead of using the administrators file & images form to upload my images, I thought it to be faster to FTP them into the same place. The files are all uploaded and good to go. BUT, when I reload the admin the images do not show. It seems that all the data comes from the database, so is there a way for me to repopulate the DB with the data from the folder.

hope this makes sense

thanks

V

dio5

Community Member, 501 Posts

9 November 2007 at 6:29am

Edited: 09/11/2007 6:34am

Normally you can also choose to attach your images from the file folder, doesn't it work when you ftp them to your 'upload' folder?

Edit: I just dropped an image in my upload folder. After reloading the admin I could see the image in the files/images section and was able to choose it when I had an 'image' field or in the tinymce-box.

vevmesteren

7 Posts

9 November 2007 at 6:58am

yeah I just saw that. You see I did not reload the entire admin as such. I had just exited and re-entered the files section it is all good now

Sigurd

Forum Moderator, 628 Posts

9 November 2007 at 8:36am

yeah when you load the 'files & images' section, silverstripe checks /assets/ for new folders :)