Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

contact form not sending e-mail

Go to End

5 Posts   2389 Views

timmay

2 Posts

10 November 2007 at 11:09am

I can't work out what I need to do to get the contact form working. Can't find anything the explains how to configure the s-mail server that would be needed to send forms submitted as e-mails. Should it just work or do I need to install and configure a package on my ubuntu 7.10 server?

I can view submissions in the CMS however I need the submissions to be sent as e-mails. This is a critical requirement and is preventing me from making my site live.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

sonicparke

74 Posts

10 November 2007 at 7:12pm

I'm having the same problem.

convan23

3 Posts

10 November 2007 at 9:15pm

I'm having same problem (I hate to double-post here but i wanted to subscribe to this topic and the only way that i could see how is by creating a reply)

sonicparke

74 Posts

15 November 2007 at 3:44am

Edited: 15/11/2007 3:44am

It worked when I was using 2.1.0. I wonder if it's a 2.1.1 issue and won't be an issue with 2.2?

Sigurd

Forum Moderator, 628 Posts

16 November 2007 at 5:57pm

1. Can you confirm that in another PHP file if you just run the following, that it works:

<? mail ( "you@somewhere.com", "subject line", "test body" ); ?>

That will then confirm that whether its SilverStripe or your PHP/Mail setup.

2. Does the newsletter module send emails fine?

In regards to SilverStripe 2.2.0 having the problem or not, you can download the release candidate right now and find out.

If you can confirm over the weekend that its SilverStripe, and 2.2.0rc1 fails, then add a ticket at open.silverstripe.com, which is where we monitor bugs, and we'll fix it :)