Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Renaming homepage...

Go to End

3 Posts   2506 Views

henrik

18 Posts

12 November 2007 at 2:58am

Renaming the page from "home" to "something else" in the CMS Main and Meta-data tabs causes the CMS to redirect you to error on logout (after that, you can't visit www.yoursite.com/admin anymore). Which files do I have to edit (and how?) to be able to rename homepage to something different than "Home"?

Sigurd

Forum Moderator, 628 Posts

12 November 2007 at 12:30pm

Are you wanting to rename the URL or just the title?

Renaming the URL will be problematic as this is currently fairly hard-coded

Just changing the page or nav title is fine, but you just have to keep the URL as /home/

henrik

18 Posts

13 November 2007 at 10:04am

Well, I don't want to change the URL, so I keep "home" in the Meta-data URL field. But changing Page name and Navigation label in the Main tab is enough to make the CMS redirect to error page on log-out (instead of redirecting to log-in page as it should!). After that, www.mysite.com/admin or www.mysite.com/security/login aren't available anymore and the only way of logging in is to log in through the forum and then acess the CMS by going to www.mysite.com/admin. This thing happens only when changing page title of "home" in BlackCandy, all other pages can be renamed without problems.
So, I suppose I have to edit some file which will redirect me to log-in page correctly (where, and how?).