Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Supported browser versions

Go to End

3 Posts   1624 Views

flyinggeek

2 Posts

13 November 2007 at 11:34am

Edited: 13/11/2007 11:38am

Hiya,

Can anyone provide a full list of browser versions that are supported by Silverstripe when editing content (as distinct from a user just visiting the site)? In particular, are there features that are unsupported in earlier versions of IE?

I have a user using WinXP SP2 and IE6 who says that she is having issues editing content. Sorry, but not exactly sure what the server side is - it is externally hosted and I do not have visibility of that side.

Cheers,

Flyinggeek.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

13 November 2007 at 12:09pm

Hi, we test specifically IE6 and Firefox 1.5/2 on XP and Firefox and Safari 3 on OSX. I have never used IE5 to test the CMS but I would assume it would break quite easily! But IE6 should be fully featured and working.

Whats the problem you've got with the CMS? If you could send screenshots or post a link that would be helpful

flyinggeek

2 Posts

13 November 2007 at 12:20pm

Willr,

Thanks for that info - much appreciated.

Will take another look and see if it is something simple like patches not applied or whatever first before anything else.

Cheers,

Flyinggeek