Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We're retiring the forums!

The SilverStripe forums have passed their heyday. They'll stick around, but will be read only. We'd encourage you to get involved in the community via the following channels instead:

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Support for multilingual content

Go to End

12 Posts   7090 Views


9 Posts

5 February 2008 at 10:12am

I just installed 2.2, and the translation feature seems to work (mostly) well.

2 little things I noticed:

* In the beginning (like, first 10 requests in the admin interface after creating a translation), I couldn't go back to English in the little drop-down at the lower-left corner, only French (my first translation language) was available. Now both are there and I can't reproduce the effect of only seeing the alternative language. That seems like a weird bug.

* The translation tool doesn't respect the Accept-Language. Switching with ?lang= works fine and sticks until it's reset again by the same means; but the first request is always served from the default language, not higher-priority languages set in the browser. I think the default until it's set with ?lang= should be according to the Accept-list of the user.

Thanks otherwise for the beautiful software, 2.2 seems much more polished and "production ready" in all regards than earlier releases. Great work!


Forum Moderator, 801 Posts

7 February 2008 at 9:15am

> I couldn't go back to English in the little drop-down at the lower-left corner
did you create your translated page by the translation-tab ("create" button), or by clicking on an untranslated page in the sitetree? did you still have the problem after a full page-refresh? trying to figure out if the dropdown was properly populating by ajax, or if the language wasn't actually saved on the serverside

> The translation tool doesn't respect the Accept-Language
interesting, didn't know about this header - i've added a ticket:


9 Posts

7 February 2008 at 9:39am

Ingo - thanks for creating the ticket.

Regarding backtracking my steps, sorry but I don't remember. I would argue for the AJAX refresh being delayed though, as the translations were persisted correctly and were available shortly afterwards. I didn't try the immediate full reload at the time, though.


20 Posts

7 February 2008 at 12:12pm

> I couldn't go back to English in the little drop-down at the lower-left corner

I encountered the same problem. When choosing English in the drop-down menu sometimes the site-tree does not refresh. Occasionally (can't figure out why) an Ajax error is occured when clicking "save&publish" the translation and the links in the site-tree stop to react. You have to refresh to go normal state. Though the content is saved and published properly.

Go to Top