Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Silverstripe limitations/requirements

Go to End

4 Posts   3597 Views

davcomnz

Community Member, 3 Posts

21 November 2007 at 2:23pm

Hi,

Does SilverStripe require any/many MySQL databases on the hosted website ? If so, how many ?

I'm looking after our clubs new website, still in its infancy, and we'd like to make a blogging module available (only from selected officers of the club as to whats been happening in their area), and put up the photo gallery module and possibly a guestbook. There is a possibility for a forum module in the future as we are affiliated with a number of similar clubs round NZ.

Using CSS, PHP & HTML only at this stage but the hosting site does have a single MySQL d/b available within the current hosting plan.

The current site was not put up by SilverStripe and needs to be changed over to it. Quite excited about using SS.

laktek

Google Summer of Code Hacker, 76 Posts

21 November 2007 at 3:00pm

SilverStripe CMS requires only one MySQL database (as many other CMSs) to work with. Seems it fits in to your current requirements and available resources. So go ahead and try doing your site with SilverStripe.

DaveP

Community Member, 48 Posts

21 November 2007 at 3:03pm

Yes you only one db.

I am currently playing around with the 2.2 rc and have also installed the blog and e-commerce modules and in total I now have 76 tables in one db.

I assume the Forum module is the same...

HTH - Dave Porter

davcomnz

Community Member, 3 Posts

21 November 2007 at 7:11pm

Wonderful !

Thanks for the replies. Looking forward even more to getting this working !