Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Lets make user templates ! :)

Go to End

4 Posts   2604 Views

module

Community Member, 2 Posts

1 March 2007 at 7:23pm

Has anyone thought about making a collection of templates for new users?
or even setting up a website like wordpress's themes? this is a great CMS, One of the best free ware ones i have come across and wouldn't it be great to create a whole selection of download and install template's

I think so, im putting a challenge to all pro SS users of this forum to make templates for use for everyone.

Im still working out this CMS so as soon as i figure it out, i'll upload one somewhere... it should be a case of win-ziping the mysite content in htdocs
and then replacing it.

Clean, Stylish, Simple, User Friendly are the keywords here.
nice, mabye silver stripe could set up a sub domian with the templates?

J

Tim

Community Member, 201 Posts

2 March 2007 at 9:48am

Hey Moodle - We're a step ahead you you here :-) We've got about a dozen templates under development right now and we'll be releasing some of these shortly.

More info here - http://www.silverstripe.com/silverstripe-2-1-template-preview/

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

2 March 2007 at 10:36am

Yo module, The templates are on their way, we are working on a few of them at the moment. I think currently there is over 8 or 9 designed. But before we release the templates I believe the backend system is being redone to support these. So probably expect easy templating for the 2.1 release maybe.

Also let me know what you guys are looking for, Im open to any special requests or ideas people may have for a template.

module

Community Member, 2 Posts

5 March 2007 at 9:09pm

awesome!! fullas. great stuff... after my 2 or so years of CMS searching this is the best.:) wicked... nice templates !!