Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Page types and Translation

Go to End

3 Posts   2149 Views

rbarreiros

Community Member, 21 Posts

24 November 2007 at 4:01pm

Edited: 24/11/2007 4:03pm

Hello,

I've translated all SilverStripe interface to Portuguese (Portugal, it's different than Brazilian), and i've already applied in the translation site, just waiting for verification, but, this isn't what this post is about.

I'm very new in Silverstripe, but i have to say it is the BEST cms engine i've ever seen, i rather have a basic setup and polish it from the ground up than having a fully bloated CMS with useless functionalities and spaghetti code, something i was very tired of untill i've found SS a few days ago.

Now, on to the subject, i've found how to translate the custom pages we make (like Page.php) by using the static field $add_action but how can i translate all other Page Types ? Contact Form, Newsletter Subscription Form, Error Page, Redirector, Virtual page etc ?

I did a grep on the soure and it seems they're all hard coded, is there somewhere i can overload it ? or alot more work has to be done yet to make them translatable ?

Best regards,

Ingo

Forum Moderator, 801 Posts

24 November 2007 at 7:30pm

hi rui,

currently these statics arent translatable, it poses a quite tricky problem.
we have discussed a solution, and put it into a ticket: http://open.silverstripe.com/ticket/1625

we're hoping lakshan (a ex-GSOC student) or other community members can help out here with fixing this :)

rbarreiros

Community Member, 21 Posts

24 November 2007 at 8:18pm

Hello Ingo,

Thank you for the quick reply, unfortunately i don't know sapphire enough to be able to help (yet) in this particular subject, so i guess the only thing i can do wait for someone with more experience to fix it.

Looking forward to it,

Best regards,