Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We're retiring the forums!

The SilverStripe forums have passed their heyday. They'll stick around, but will be read only. We'd encourage you to get involved in the community via the following channels instead:

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Upgraded but now not working !!!

Go to End

5 Posts   1658 Views


Community Member, 48 Posts

29 November 2007 at 2:30am

Edited: 29/11/2007 2:39am

Hi Everyone,

I just upgraded from RC4 to release of 2.2

After I replaced the 3 folders as per the upgrade instructions ( cms, sapphire and jsparty ).
No variation of trying to access my site works anymore
( i.e. root of site, admin, flush db or flush cache )

The all come up with the same error below !

Help - I need this working !

BTW: Did exactly the same upgrade from RC1 through to RC4 with no problems !

BTW2: I updated the auth_openid folder as well, but no change !

BTW3: I had previously installed Blog and eCommerce. I remed out the 'Authenticator' line of the _config.php ( of auth_openid ) and now it complains about the 'DataObject' line in the _config.php of the e-commerce ( in case that helps anyone ! )

cheers, Dave Porter

Fatal error: Class 'Authenticator' not found in /home/djsoft/public_html/auth_openid/_config.php on line 20


74 Posts

29 November 2007 at 2:58am

This may seem rather simple but on several upgrades I've had to recopy the latest version one folder at a time. It's possible that one file was lost during upload and that's always giving site issues. Usually copying cms, saphire, auth_openid & jsparty separately has fixed it.


Community Member, 48 Posts

29 November 2007 at 9:57am


Yes I learnt to do just that, as the three folder are far too many files to rely on in one go.

I even did each of the folders in jsparty one at a time.

But I'll redo it and see how I go.

regards - Dave


Community Member, 48 Posts

29 November 2007 at 11:24am

After I uploaded everything again - all has come good.

I tested after the cms folder, still broken, then after I redid the Sapphire, tried again and then it was OK.

cheers, Dave


Forum Moderator, 628 Posts

4 December 2007 at 2:15pm

Glad to hear you upgrade went well once you got all the files up properly :)